(GN) Ch. 94 - Secrets of the Past

Kiera POV

"Stay behind us," River growled, standing beside Chase and pushing me behind him.

I wasn't usually one to hide, but my mind was still wrapping around what was happening. Ghost being able to possess one of us seemed like an important warning to tell me about before entering these woods.

"Always the protector." Elizabeth's words slivered from her tongue. "We all know what you really want, River." Her lips brushed against Drake's cheek. I saw him cringe, but I didn't understand why he wasn't moving away from her. Athena heated in my eyes, ready to tear those pretty little lips off her face.

"River wants to be Alpha, the one and only, doesn't he, sweetie?" Elizabeth's fingers danced up Drake's chest. "He thinks you are all fools. His wolf wants to rip all your throats out." She laughed sinisterly.

"Enough, Jasmine. Release Lizzy and return to your hole you deserve to rot in." Drake moved her hand off his chest and then shot me a look of worry.

Athena was rumbling in my chest and ready to attack. I knew it wasn't Elizabeth, but I would probably claw her eyes out anyway. Athena didn't like her so close to him.

"Calm yourself!" River commanded me. Athena gave him a look of death. He dared to tell me what to do. We held each other's stare, a silent war brewing between us for control.

"Oh, this is perfect. You found your treacherous whore, finally. The Dark Forest will want every inch of her."

"Nothing touches her!" River stepped to her, claws protruding his fingertips.

"Nothing? Will you harm this innocent body that you like to take to bed?" Elizabeth chuckled, staring River down. River's body trembled to gain control.

"Jasmine, leave!" Drake demanded, and he and River began circling her body. Chase moved in front of me, and I focused on steadying my breaths. I cannot lose control and kill Elizabeth.

"I like this body though. It was always so much fun to play with." Her hands traced over her breasts. "Wasn't it, Drake?" She winked at him, and my eyes widened. I never heard that part of the story.

"What?" River growled at Drake. I guess he didn't, either.

"She is just trying to get in our heads, River." Drake looked at his brother, demanding he get himself under control.

"Me? I would never come between such handsome brothers. Lizzy, though, she wants you all, even the clown for an Alpha." She shot a look at Chase and winked.

Chase moved to charge at her, and I grabbed his arm. "You don't want to hurt Elizabeth." I reminded him.

"And the new girl in your life, oh Lizzy, would love to skin her alive. The thoughts she has made the things I've done child's play." She threw her head back and laughed again.

"No one touches Kiera, not without getting through us first." Chase pulled his arm from my hands and stood with his brothers, all of them circling her, growling her death.

"Elizabeth wants her dead, her blood to paint the floor, and those pretty eyes in her hands." The sly smile on her face made me squint at her.

'Athena, she is trying to make us fight each other.'

'She deserves death.' Athena growled deep in my stomach.

'Can you focus, please? We can't just kill everyone all the time. We need to be smart, outwit her.'

'Yes, slice her throat open, and no tricks can be played.' I felt the need she had to end her life.

'You're ridiculous! Back off and do not hurt Elizabeth. I have a plan.'