Ch. 46 - Sweetheart

River POV

I couldn't fathom the scene unfolding before me. I was shortly captivated by my little mate this morning, but I see the very dangerous threat she imposes on not just my family, but our entire species. She was a damn psycho, and her wolf was a wild animal completely out of control.

I knew she needed to be sent away, and right this second. Despite her despicable behavior, I craved to put her in her place. Chaos was simply delighted at her ravenous outburst. He smiled deviously inside me, picturing her fighting me while I tied her down and forced a pleasurable submission over her. The conflicting emotions and desires battled within, creating a chaotic internal struggle.

'Our mate would enjoy how we diverted all that anger in a more useful way. Oh, how she could make us cum all over her while begging for her own release, it would be glorious, River. Let's take her to our bedroom. Show our brothers how to make her bend to us while Elizabeth watches.' He snickered in my head. I groaned desperately at her as she thrashed in my arms while carrying her upstairs.

Elizabeth shot me weary looks, knowing not only that Kiera was my fated, but one my wolf desperately wanted to play with. Guilt washed over me and I ordered my brothers to bring her to our library.

I demanded her removal to a cell, but Elizabeth warned me to be careful. No one ever told me what to do, but I did value Elizabeth's opinion greatly. I knew I needed to calm myself, especially this damn demon hound that shared a soul with me.

"Kiera, we don't want any harm to come to you. For the safety of everyone, I would like to bring you off our territory," Elizabeth spoke with kindness, her hand resting on my chest to divert my own sinful desires racing inside my head.

"I won't be locked away!" Kiera demanded with her wolf behind her. The strength she exerted was both fascinating and frightening.

"For everyone's safety it's best to move you to a more secure location." By everyone I mainly meant mine. Chaos was ramming himself inside my chest, demanding we take our mate for ourselves.

"It's not a prison Kiera. We are on your side and want to help you, but we need to think of our pack too." Elizabeth spoke delicately. I smiled to her, proud of how she so easily put her own emotions to the side and put our pack first, even when it came to my mate.

"I don't need your help!" Kiera growled back at her and I sighed. This woman was a menace.

"She isn't leaving us. We can handle her, protect her and our people." Drake declared, standing tall beside her. Now he is some noble prick. Did he not see the mayhem she just caused outside?

"I'm not yours to decide that. I don't need your help or your protection." Kiera shot back at Drake and I saw how it hurt his wolf. I've never seen my brother need anything from this world like he did for Kiera to accept him. I feared rejecting her won't be enough to save them.

"Technically, you are in my service." Chase decided to chime in with his stupid smirk as he stood on her other side. He really didn't know how to read the room.

"Your service? How about I rip your eyes out of your damn head." Her wolf was forward again. She was a fucking time bomb and of course Chase liked to push everyone's buttons.

Chase took a hard gulp then stepped back. "Ok, fine. I release you from my service," he playfully said.

I knew he was trying to lightened the tension in the room, but Kiera didn't know him. The dynamics of my brothers and I were twisted, but worked, something this woman knew nothing about. By the look of our death in her eyes I don't think she wants to either.

Kiera growled at him and I shook my head. Why did we let Chase attend adult meetings?

Elizabeth moved towards her. "Kiera, we are trying to find a solution that works for everyone. Why don't we start with what you want?"