(GN) Ch. 95 - Oracles

River POV

Watching the two women that my heart was torn between did something crazy to me. Chaos, with Zeus backing him, was ready to end Elizabeth, but I couldn't do that. I fought with everything I had to prevent myself from shifting.

Then that damn wolf used her command to paralyze my body. It was like being stuck behind a thick glass. I could see them tumbling on the ground, blood dripping from Kiera's neck until they finally stopped with Elizabeth glued to the floor.

I smiled with pride at my little wolf for thinking so quickly, but I still wanted to chain her up for that stunt she pulled.

Then, a new worry consumed me. Kiera could easily end Elizabeth's life. I wasn't ready to let her go, and never like this.

When I realized Kiera was only trying to expel the darkness, I couldn't explain my relief. Somehow, they were both ok, alive and still here with me.

Watching Kiera save her made me second-guess everything I had been feeling. She really was our Luna, and no one could deny that now. The problem was it didn't change our destiny. She was still meant to kill us, and I was beginning to think we needed to let her.

'She will be ours. She won't ever leave!' Zeus echoed in my head. His demand stomping on my brain, forcing me to stop resisting his desires. If I did that, then Kiera would be unwillingly bound to me.

'Back off!' I growled inside my head.

'I won't let you take her from me.' Zeus's voice was rattling in my head and I didn't even notice the leaves swirling around us. Everyone else huddled together, anticipating whatever lurked close by.

"Not so soon, little light of mine." A creepy voice whirled around us. "The power you hold is glorious. You will bring forth my son!"

I knew this voice was speaking to Kiera and instinctively moved in front of her, my brothers and Elizabeth each taking a side to protect our Luna.

"I won't ever bow to you or bring any of your darkness into this world. I will end you!" Kiera shouted at the air.

"It's probably best not to goad the creepy voice into a challenge, Cherie," Chase suggested.

Kiera stood firm, not acknowledging my brother's warning. Her eyes weren't black with her wolf, but glowing purple.

"You don't care for this world; you wish to bring it to its knees, child." The voice was more soft but still creepy, a compulsion laced behind its words.

"I won't help you, Dietus. You can rot in hell where the hounds will eat your blackened soul."

"Doll, please stop yelling back at the voice. We can't see it, and we can fight what we can't see."

"You don't see him?" Kiera looked to Drake, then the rest of us, and back towards a tree. Did she see something?

"Come to me, child." The voice nearly sang out, and Kiera stepped in its direction.

"What are you doing?" I growled at her.

"He needs me." She whispered.

"We need you, Cherie," Chase whined to her.

"Good, the bond is already in place. You have lost Lupa." The voice darkly laughed, leaves kicking up around us again, and black fog surrounding our feet.

"What's happening? What do we kill?" Drake growled.

"I don't know," I growled right back at him.

As the black fog slowly lifted, a chilling fear gripped my soul, realizing my powerlessness to protect her from its malevolent grasp. Suddenly, it coiled into a swirling vortex of darkness, descending upon Kiera with terrifying speed as it rushed down her throat.