Ch. 63 - A Date

Chase POV

I strolled into town, following a winding path through the woods to set the stage for what was about to unfold. Returning home to change turned into a surprisingly complex task; after all, I had never been on a date like this before.

Dinner with a woman, sure, but we both knew it was just a short prelude to a long night. Tonight with Kiera, I had to show her my friendly side, one that didn't want the night to end in passionate sex until the early morning. Goddess, how can I possibly resist not taking her body?

I decided for a casual look with jeans and a T-shirt, I figured Kiera wouldn't have many options, and our plans for the night didn't demand anything too fancy anyway.

Hustling back to the barracks, a vibrant bunch of pear blossom flowers caught my eye. "Perfect!" I plucked a few from in front of a random house, reminiscing about my mom's tales that claimed they symbolized friendship, carrying whispers of purity, love, and longevity.

I did want Kiera as my friend, but I desired many other things with her too. If she was the woman I would spend the rest of my life with, then we needed a good foundation, something I learned from my oldest sister. I didn't know what she knew of love or fated, but she always seemed to speak wisdom.

"You runt little shits!" A woman burst out of her house, aiming her fury directly at me with a frying pan in her hand.

I glanced behind me, finding no culprits, then stood to my feet, perplexed.

"Oh, shit!" The woman swiftly bowed her head, pot loudly clanking to the ground.

"Are you yelling at me?" I chuckled. Her fierce approach certainly caught my attention.

"No! I thought teenagers were destroying my garden. I'm very sorry, Alpha."

"Don't be so afraid; I'm the fun one. I rarely just randomly kill people." I chuckled, but the woman missed the joke.

"My apologies again." She was shaking with fear.

"Tomorrow, deliver a large bouquet of these to the barracks. Add a note to Luna Kiera, and all will be forgiven."

"Of course, I would be honored."

"All is right between us. Carry on with your night." I flashed a reassuring smile and continued on my way.

As I entered the gates, Kiera's scent enveloped me, signaling that she had already explored the place. The proximity to her thrilled me. I retraced my steps to where I left her earlier, and there she was.

A goddess draped in a thick blue cashmere dress. My eyes traced over her petite frame, those long legs that could captivate me for hours. Her hair was elegantly pulled up into a messy bun, deliberately tousled, with a few strands of blonde playfully framing her face.

"Gorgeous, Cherie." The words effortlessly rolled off my tongue, but they felt insufficient to capture the ethereal presence of this woman.

"You look handsome. For me?" She pointed to the flowers with a blush. I wanted to pull her into me and kiss her, but I had promised none of that tonight.

"A gift of friendship." I handed them to her, our fingers brushed, and in that delicate contact, a surge of our bond ignited within me. She gasped, her purple eyes shimmering like amethysts catching the last rays of sunlight. In that moment, it was as if a universe unfolded between us, then quickly vanished, and she felt it! How was that even possible?

'I think she knows, or at least figuring it out.' I cheered to my brothers in our mind link.

'What's happening?' Drake's voice was laced with worry and jealousy.