Ch. 19 - A Connection

Chase POV

My brothers and I stood at the doorway of the pack house dressed in our finest suits. Drake stood a few inches in front, taking the lead and borrowing some of our power. No one had met him yet and with him being the oldest we thought we make him every much the beast he was told to be.

Men turned from our path, unable to face the fact we exerted more power than they could ever dream of. One look in our eyes would make them soil themselves and no werewolf like to feel that weak.

Women were drawn to us as we walked the long hallway. They reached their hands out to touch our bodies like we were gods among them. Marked or not, every female wolf wanted to be owned by our immeasurable power.

We walked in step with the other, myself on Drake's left and River on his right. Elizabeth walked behind us with a trail of our men following. Slowly our guards peeled off to take their positions and soon the games would begin.

As we approached two grand doors, opening to a beige and gold adorned dancing hall, the Alpha of our mate stood on top of the stairs with his fated. I growled lowly in my chest, wanting to remove his head from his body and not for the right reason.

That man touched our mate, played with her body, and marked her neck where our mark should lay. We were here for one purpose though, and it was not to take our mate.

'Control your wolf, Chase.' River warned me through our mind link. I was never good with control. I did what I wanted and when I wanted. Resisting our mate was going to be the hardest thing I ever had to do.

'I'm fine! Let's party!' My tone was meant to be playful, but Loki was in my voice and his demands were clear. He wanted our mate and nothing else.

'They have three hours then we start killing each and every one of these pathetic Alphas. One by one the packs will watch them fall, and one by one we will take their women and children.' River's wolf, Chaos, was forward and he was not in a playful mood. It was dangerous for River to let his wolf take complete control, and only Elizabeth seemed to know how to keep him on a leash. This should be an interesting night.

'Are we not giving them a chance to concede?' I asked my brother, knowing by the way he stared at Alpha Jackson he wanted to leave no survivors. He was usually more diplomatic with these matters.

'We will, but he will die.' River let out a growl and Elizabeth was at his side in a flash.

"Dance with me! Let's make all these drooling wolves jealous I have the strongest Alpha." Her eyes were set in deep lust. River grabbed her waist and nearly dragged her to the dance floor.

I wonder if she knew about Kiera. I wouldn't doubt River told her. He didn't keep much from her and she has proven to be loyal.

Suddenly, I felt like my skin was being bathed in pure sunlight. Heat danced along my arms and my heart began beating too fast. I didn't need to turn to see what was the cause. I closed my eyes and took a moment to enjoy the overwhelming storm her presence brought me.

'Don't lose yourself.' River warned me.

I looked to him and Loki shot forward. Not even my brother will keep me from my mate.

I turned to let myself drink up every ounce of her beauty and she didn't disappoint. She was a true goddess and I wanted to kneel at her feet, beg her to have me, and I would take her day and night.

Her white blond hair was all twirled on top her head in fancy braids, her lavender eyes shined with a power of both wisdom and strength, and those damn long ivory legs that could make me kneel to her with a simple command. Kiera was my undoing and I couldn't wait until she destroyed me.