(GN) Ch. 150 - Resist

Chase POV

"How are you feeling, mate?" I whispered as Kiera's eyes slowly opened.

"Exhausted." She pouted, and I wanted to wash it all away.

"I'm sorry, love. I don't want to cause you pain."

"Hmm, I know." She turned on her back and yawned while stretching her arms. She looked so damn sexy.

A knock came at the door, and I jumped up to grab the food. I alerted our staff that we needed it the second she began stirring.

"You need to eat, Cherie. It's not good..." Kiera snatched the plate of food from my hands and began tearing into it like a beast.

"Goddess, I'm starving." She mumbled with a mouth full of chicken.

"Well, you haven't eaten in over 24 hours." I chuckled, watching my perfect little wolf devour a whole chicken.

"What?"

"You woke the other night with your heat. It subsided quickly, but you passed out for a whole day. The doctor often checked your vitals and our son's health. A few hours ago, he said you were fully healed and surprisingly stronger than ever."

"Is that normal?" She asked curiously with mashed potatoes on her lips. I smiled as I kneeled on the bed. My thumb swiped up the food, and I licked it clean from my finger.

"No, but nothing about you or this pregnancy is normal. You're healthy, so that is all that matters." My hand cupped her cheek. "I was so worried, Kiera. River and Drake will be home tomorrow afternoon, too. I downplayed your well-being to them because they wanted to abandon the whole mission. We need this to work."

"It will work. I know it will, Chase." She said with so much confidence I almost felt it myself.

"And if it doesn't."

"It will! No more doubts about us or our future. I'm tired of all this. Everything is perfect now. Nothing will come between us." Athena was rising inside her. She was damn powerful, and I loved how determined she was.

I wanted to jump on her bandwagon of irrational optimism, but too much was still unknown. Not only was Detius an issue, but her sister Katherine still hadn't been found. She was too cunning, and Kiera had a soft spot for her. If Katherine got too close again, I knew she wouldn't hesitate to kill her.

"Let's get you cleaned up, Luna," I said with sadness dripping from my body. All I wanted was to worship her and have our family and life together.

"I can clean myself." Kiera pushed me to the side and climbed out of bed. "You tending to my every need, washing my body or changing my clothes, even you sleeping next to me is too damn much. I can't be a Luna or prepare for this war when I'm knocked out for days from my damn heat." She shouted as she opened and slammed her dresser to grab clothes.

"Cherie, please," I whined, walking to the bathroom and turning on the tub to fill it with warm water. "Let me take care of you. I'm helpless in all this."

"Chase!" She growled at me and then softened her eyes. "I'm sorry. I just can't take this anymore. All I can think about are you and your brothers. I'm either horny to the point I pass out or lost in some dream world of our life together. If I hadn't had my team to run this pack, everything would have been lost months ago. I'm not fit to be a Luna."

"What?" I stood, pulling her to my chest. "You're the only Luna this world needs, Kiera. Don't ever doubt that."

"I can't think straight." She looked up at me, pleading for relief. "Please, Alpha." She spoke with that damn innocent little tone of hers.