35-36

One hundred soldiers formed a squad, and they set off one after another.

At the command, everyone began the long run with the heavy sandbags on their backs.

He lisa felt like she was carrying a large stone on her back, pressing her body down, making her feel unsteady. Since she became Miss He, she had accompanied He Yuta up the mountain to chop firewood every day, but it only made her previously weak body healthier, or slightly sturdier compared to girls her age. However, Xiao Jungkook's iron-blooded training method was too much for her to bear.

The old He lisa might have been able to handle it, but the current He lisa struggled.

There were constantly people overtaking He lisa. Most of those who enlisted were robust and tall men, and even those who were not as tall had grown up doing heavy labor in poor families. Although running with a sandbag was tiring, it was still manageable. He lisa was exceptionally weak in comparison. The few others with similar physique had already died on their way to Liangzhou, making He lisa the weakest in terms of physical aptitude at the Liangzhou Garrison.

Sehun and bambam, the two brothers, ran quickly. They often chased after prey in the mountains and would tie the caught animals around their bodies, running around with them, so it wasn't too difficult for them. Hong mingyu, who was slightly older, became somewhat out of breath after running one lap and wiped the sweat from his forehead, saying, "Hey, this is really inhumane behavior."

He didn't hear He lisa's response and turned back to see that she had fallen behind by more than ten steps. He slowed down a bit and waited for He lisa to catch up before asking, "Ah He, can you keep going? You seem to be struggling."

He lisa's face was pale, and beads of sweat the size of beans rolled down her forehead and chin, disappearing into her clothes. Carrying the sandbag, she looked like one of those children sold to gang bosses at the docks in the capital, making people feel sorry for her.

"If you tell the instructor," Hong mingyu hesitated and leaned closer, speaking in a low voice, "you can secretly run fewer laps. No one will notice."

"I know what I'm doing," He lisa smiled wryly, "Brother Shan, you go ahead. We'll meet up later."

Only after confirming that He lisa didn't need help did Hong mingyu carry the sandbag and run ahead. He lisa scratched her head, revealing a helpless smile.

But... she wiped away the sweat rolling into her eyes and looked up at the golden sun hanging overhead.

It was so hot!

...

Inside the garrison, someone walked out.

Cheng jimin used a folding fan to fan himself and looked at the distant mountains covered by clouds and mist with joy, "The scenery here is so beautiful, a thousand times better than the capital! Uncle really has good taste!"

Xiao Jungkook followed behind him, dressed in a black and gold embroidered robe, with a long sword hanging obliquely from his waist. His eyes were like stars, and his lips were as red as vermilion. With his elegant temperament and beautiful appearance, he added a touch of brilliance to this desolate place.

"Then you can go back," he replied with a cold, mocking tone.

"Ah, what did you say? The wind is too strong, I can't hear... Uncle, look who's coming?" Cheng jimin changed the subject awkwardly.

The person who arrived was Shen Han, the instructor. He stopped in front of the two, bowed to Xiao Jungkook, and said, "Commander."

"How are the new recruits?" Xiao Jungkook asked.