182-183

182: Leaving the City

Returning to her own room, He lisa laid on the bed, tossing and turning.

The window was open, letting in a gentle breeze that made her unusually alert. The conversation with Xiao Jungkook earlier seemed to echo in her ears.

It turned out that on the night she left the He family to join the army, Xiao Jungkook had actually come to keep the appointment. However, due to twists of fate, they missed each other. Once missed, there was no chance again. Just as in the past, He lisa didn't know that the person secretly guiding her swordsmanship was Xiao Jungkook. Now, Xiao Jungkook couldn't possibly know that the person he had assisted back then had changed.

She made so much effort to conceal her identity, just as much as she wanted to express her gratitude for the identity of the fellow student from the past. It turns out that in this life and the previous one, there have been so many strange connections between her and Xiao Jungkook. It's just that fate is fleeting, and now it happened again...

He lisa sat up, thought for a moment, and made a determined decision. She walked to the table, lit an oil lamp with a fire starter. Zhao Shiming, being a scholar, had various writing tools placed around the room. She ground ink, found paper, and sat down at the table, slowly starting to write.

...

All matters in Rundu were settled within three days. Xiao Jungkook and his group were also ready to leave.

Before leaving, He lisa found Zhao Shiming.

After the incident with Qiluo, He lisa didn't speak to Li Kuang again. Every time she saw Li Kuang, she would think of that sweet girl with dimples when she smiled. It seemed that Li Kuang felt the same way; every time he saw He lisa, he would avoid her gaze.

So, there were some things she didn't plan to mention to Li Kuang.

Zhao Shiming was sitting in the room, reading official documents. Rundu had been besieged by the Wutuo people for these past few days, and the city's merchants had gone on strike, causing everything to be in chaos. Now that the Wutuo people had retreated, Rundu was returning to peace, but it would take time to restore the city to its former calm state.

"Lord Zhao," He lisa walked into the room and called him.

Zhao Shiming lifted his head from the documents, surprised to see He lisa. After a brief pause, he stood up, smiling warmly. "Young Lord He, why do you have the time to come to my place today?"

Zhao Shiming liked He lisa very much. Being a scholar, he found it difficult to get along with Li Kuang, who was rough and boorish. Xiao Jungkook and Yan jin, on the other hand, were either aloof or proud. He lisa, however, was different. This young man was intelligent, brave, kind, and loyal, with a handsome and refined appearance. He was pleasant to be around. If it weren't for his granddaughter being too young, Zhao Shiming would have considered making He lisa his son-in-law.

He lisa smiled. "Lord Zhao, you're too kind. I came to say goodbye to you. Tomorrow, I will return to Shuojing with the Commander. Thank you for your care during our stay in Rundu."

Zhao Shiming liked He lisa even more now. Look at this young man, coming to say goodbye so politely. He was truly a courteous person. Zhao Shiming replied with a smile, "Young Lord He, please don't say that. You saved Rundu, and there's nothing for us to entertain you with. On the contrary, you've suffered some grievances. If you ever come to Rundu again in the future, I, Zhao, will definitely treat you well. Please don't bear any grudges over the inconvenience this time."

He lisa helped Zhao Shiming, who was trying to bow, and said, "This younger generation dare not."

Calling him "younger generation" directly? Zhao Shiming was taken aback. Before he could react, He lisa continued, "Actually, I came to say goodbye to Lord Zhao because I have one more thing to ask for your help with."