143: Hero Liu and Miss Mu

Mu Hongjin finished speaking with an expression devoid of emotion, as if she was discussing someone else's affairs.

However, it left an unpleasant taste in He Lisa's mouth. She thought for a moment and said, "Perhaps... Yunlin Hermit might have had urgent matters that day, which is why he couldn't come. I, too, have had appointments with people that I had to break due to unforeseen circumstances."

"No, there was no urgency, and there was no misunderstanding," Mu Hongjin smiled, "He told me himself."

He Lisa couldn't say anything more, but she felt that Mu Hongjin's words were not entirely accurate. If there was someone else in Liu Buwang's heart, He Lisa hadn't seen him with anyone else in all these years. He had never mentioned anyone's name. If anything, Mu Xiaolou was the one he had treated differently, and she was Mu Hongjin's granddaughter.

"Young people always believe that they are the unique ones," Mu Hongjin smiled, "but uniqueness, or lack thereof, depends on one's perspective. In that person's eyes, I was just one of the thousands, not someone worth his consideration."

"Is this person Your Highness talking about master?" Xiao Jungkook asked.

"As Xiao Lou mentioned, I can't think of anyone else," Mu Hongjin said, "but I never expected him to come to Jiyang..."

He Lisa couldn't help but think that Princess Mengji had guessed wrong. According to the teahouse owner, Liu Buwang hadn't only come to Jiyang this year; he had come every year without fail. However, did he come to Jiyang to see Mu Hongjin?

What's going on here, it's better not to meet at all?

Mu Xiaolou pouted, "That person has no taste at all. Grandmother is the most beautiful, powerful, and wonderful person in the world, and he could just walk away? Is he blind? I say we shouldn't call him Yunlin Hermit; we should call him No Taste Hermit!"

"You," Mu Hongjin playfully scolded Mu Xiaolou, tapping her on the head, "At such a young age, what do you know about being abandoned?"

"He had the favor of my grandmother, but instead of being grateful, he acted like it was no big deal. Isn't that being abandoned? He deserved not to marry my grandmother. I wouldn't want my grandfather to be such a person." Mu Xiaolou said with a huff. Her blunt words were probably due to the fact that she was born after Mu Hongjin's husband had passed away, and she had never met him or formed any emotional attachment. Therefore, she spoke without reservation about this matter.

"Of course," Mu Hongjin hugged Mu Xiaolou with a smile and said, "Any man we find for Xiao Lou in the future must cherish her and never abandon her."

"Definitely!"

The grandmother and granddaughter looked happily united, but He Lisa felt a bit uncomfortable. There are countless people in the world, and those who meet but don't stay together are like grains of sand in the Ganges River, too numerous to count. However, not being able to explain the truth when someone misunderstands is perhaps one of the most regrettable things.

Even the precious dishes on the table couldn't lift her spirits. After a heavy meal, Xiao Jungkook and He Lisa stood up to bid farewell to Mu Hongjin.

Mu Hongjin nodded.

As they were about to leave, He Lisa couldn't hold back any longer. She looked at Mu Hongjin and asked, "Your Highness, since you already know that an old acquaintance is now living in the Cui Mansion, why not ask about his current situation and experiences over the years?"

From the beginning to now, ever since Liu Buwang was the one who saved Mu Xiaolou, she had passed over the past with indifference, never mentioning him again. It was as if Liu Buwang had no connection to her.