162-163

162: Returning to the Garrison

On the way back from Jiyang to Liangzhou, the group was not as spirited as when they arrived. It seemed that they were all a bit exhausted, likely from the recent intense battle. Cui Jiao and Hong Qiao, the two young maids, had their indenture contracts returned by Lin Taehyung, who also gave them a sum of silver to give to their parents, instructing them not to sell their children in the future. When leaving, to prevent the parents from going back on their word, the name of Cui Yuezhi was invoked.

The two maids were reluctant to part, as having a master who treated them well and didn't scold them was not something one encountered every day. Sometimes, being a maid to a kind-hearted lady like this was much easier than struggling in the difficult world.

When they left Liangzhou Garrison, it was not yet spring, but now, after some delay on the road, it was already early summer.

He Lisa had already changed back into male clothing, as it was more convenient for travel. Lin Taehyung, fanning himself occasionally, sighed, "My sister He is so beautiful, but she insists on dressing as a man, what a waste."

He Lisa just ignored his nonsense.

On the second day of May, Xiao Jungkook and He Lisa arrived at Liangzhou Garrison.

The sound of soldiers training echoed from afar under White Moon Mountain. He Lisa jumped off the carriage, looking towards the direction of the Five Deer River and the martial arts field, feeling a familiar sense wash over her. After all, she had been in Liangzhou Garrison for at least a year, and she had completely adapted to the life here. Arriving here felt like returning to a familiar place, bringing an indescribable sense of peace.

Shen Han, who had already received the news, had come to help unload the goods from the carriage. Seeing He Lisa and Xiao Jungkook safe and sound, he breathed a sigh of relief. The news of the military affairs in Jiyang had reached them a long time ago. Considering the 20,000 Jiyang City soldiers facing the 150,000 Wutuo troops, it was a scary thought. They were only worried about whether the group had been injured in the fierce battle, but now, seeing that everyone was lively and well, all concerns were dispelled.

"The Commander must be tired from the journey. Rest in the room first," Shen Han said. "The rooms have already been cleaned."

Xiao Jungkook nodded. Just as they were talking, another carriage arrived, stopping behind them. The curtain of the carriage was lifted, and Ying Xiang helped Chu Jaemin get off.

Shen Han was surprised, "This..."

"Fourth Young Master Chu will stay temporarily in Liangzhou Garrison," Xiao Jungkook said casually. "Find him a room." Then, he glanced at Chu Jaemin with a mocking tone. "The conditions in the garrison are tough, Fourth Young Master Chu, please bear with it."

Chu Jaemin expressed his gratitude, "I dare not, Jaemin is grateful."

Xiao Jungkook ignored him and turned away, leading He Lisa to walk ahead.

Cheng Jimin was no longer in Liangzhou Garrison now, and technically, the house Cheng Jimin lived in should be returned to its original owner. However, Xiao Jungkook seemed to have forgotten about this matter. Moreover, staying here made it more convenient for He Lisa to bathe and groom herself than sleeping in a common area with everyone else. Since Xiao Jungkook didn't bring it up, He Lisa also pretended not to know and brought her luggage back to Cheng Jimin's house—next to Xiao Jungkook's.

Shen Han came in from the front and back, holding a military roster in his hands, saying, "This is the content of the daily training over the past few days. I have organized it. Commander, take your time to look it over after resting. After the Commander returns, the training of the Nanfu troops will still be overseen by the Commander. In these past few months, the formation of the Liangzhou Garrison soldiers has shown some initial results."