93-94

93: Yuan Baozhen

He lisa accompanied Song Rose as they strolled until evening before heading back to the inn.

The heavens had pity on her. She had been calculating all along on the road. What if Song Rose wanted to eat at a restaurant? What would she do if she didn't have enough money? Fortunately, they had eaten quite a lot in the morning, and the young girl was picky, so she didn't feel like eating much on the way. She only sat down for a few cups of tea and had two pieces of cake, using a few copper coins.

Song Rose took the candied hawthorn and looked at He Lisa. "You've worked hard today," she paused and added, "Actually, there's not much to see in Liangzhou City, and the things here are just average. If it weren't for avoiding Second Young Master Xiao, I wouldn't have let you accompany me until this late."

"It's not that I don't like him, it's just... I'm a little afraid," the young girl pouted. "It's like, when you're around him, everyone becomes inferior."

He Lisa chuckled at that. Inferior? Song Rose was probably like that because she was still young. He Lisa said, "But he's good-looking and capable. Don't most young girls like that?"

Back when she was young, many girls used to sneakily come to Xiao Jungkook's residence just to catch a glimpse of him. He Lisa had never seen a girl who didn't like him. So, Song Rose's perspective was quite unique.

"I'm different from them," Song Rose sighed with a hint of maturity. "They only care about looks, but with someone as aloof as him who doesn't speak sweet words, life would be difficult. I don't like that kind of person. I prefer someone gentle." She looked regretful and added, "Eldest Young Master Xiao would be perfect, but unfortunately, he's already married."

What? Xiao Jungkook wanted to become her uncle-in-law, but little did he know that Song Rose was thinking of becoming his sister-in-law!

Song Rose lived up to her reputation as someone who had almost become her "unofficial fiancée." Her ability to read people was indeed exceptional. He Lisa commented, "Actually, Commander Xiao can be quite gentle sometimes... but there aren't many people like you who don't like him." She had a thought and wanted to get some information from Song Rose, so she asked, "Do you happen to know Flying Phoenix General, who is now as famous as Commander Xiao? Have you ever seen him?"

"Flying Phoenix General?" Song Rose asked, "Are you talking about the eldest son of the He family? The one who used to wear a mask all the time, pretending to be all mysterious and whatnot?"

"It's rare enough that he's been wearing a mask for ten years, and I saw him before I ran away. Back then, he had already taken off his mask, and he looked decent enough. Do you know why he wears a mask?" Song Rose asked.

He Lisa inquired, "Why?"

"Of course, it's for some gimmick. Think about it, he didn't take off the mask earlier or later, but just before His Majesty conferred him a title and granted him an audience. He claimed he found a divine physician who healed the scars on his face completely. But how can any divine physician make scars vanish without a trace? For so many years, everyone knew that Lord He was frighteningly ugly. Suddenly, he removed the mask, and he turned into a handsome young man. This transformation is quite mysterious. Therefore, what was originally a five-point appearance turned into a seven-point one."

He Lisa couldn't help but applaud Song Rose in her heart. She had made a compelling argument, and if she weren't the one who had worn the mask, she might have believed Song Rose's explanation herself.

"Well, in your opinion, how does Flying Phoenix General compare to Commander Xiao?"

Song Rose answered without hesitation, "Of course, Second Young Master Xiao. Young Master He doesn't look as good as Second Young Master Xiao!"