137: Ten Secrets

The young man in navy blue riding attire, having obtained the flag, gracefully dismounted and landed on the ground, astonishing everyone.

The owner of the horse arena wasn't a stingy person and handed the purple jade whip to Xiao Jungkook, praising, "Young Master, you have extraordinary skills. In recent years, you're the fastest to get the flag in the Wind Capture."

Cui Yuezhi couldn't help but applaud, "Huanqing, before you arrived, I heard that your foster father once found a martial arts master for you. Now it seems that the martial arts master who taught you put his heart into it. Such skill is rarely seen even in Jiyang City."

Xiao Jungkook nodded and smiled, "Uncle, you're too kind."

He Lisa thought to herself that Cui Yuezhi didn't know that Xiao Jungkook had held back earlier. If he had genuinely competed, it would have surely surprised everyone and potentially exposed his identity.

As she was contemplating this, Xiao Jungkook walked over and threw the purple jade whip into her arms.

He Lisa was pleasantly surprised and stammered, "Th-thank you."

She felt that Xiao Jungkook was quite different today. He seemed more approachable, and his disposition was exceptionally pleasant.

But she couldn't quite figure out what had changed, so she shook her head.

"Now that we have the purple jade whip," Wei Yiniang said with a smile, "how about going to the riverbank for the festival? It's quite lively, and you can also get offerings blessed by the Water God. After eating these offerings and being bathed in divine water, you'll be blessed with good fortune throughout the year."

Cui Yuezhi suddenly remembered, "You're right! I almost forgot about that. Huanqing, Yuyan, both of you should go. Let's seek some good omens! How could we attend the Water God Festival without going to the Water God ceremony?"

He Lisa had no idea what the Water God ceremony was, but since they were so insistent, she decided to follow the crowd. As they neared the area, they saw a large open space near the river with a circular platform set up. Many people wearing masks were singing and dancing. It appeared to be local folk songs, with a lively atmosphere, attracting people of all ages.

As they arrived, a female voice called out, "Lord Cui."

Several people looked over and saw the young lady from the Dianyi Mansion who had visited the Cui Mansion a few days ago and played the zither for everyone to hear, Ling Xiu. Standing by her side was Yan Miner, who was casting unfriendly glances.

Ling Xiu was dressed in her finest attire today, wearing a pink fitted dress and small boots, with her long hair styled in a playful manner. She smiled and said, "Miner and I just arrived here and happened to meet Lord Cui. It's truly a coincidence. It must be fate."

Cui Yuezhi also smiled and asked, "Ah Xiu, Miner, where are your parents?"

"Both our parents are on the boat. Miner and I are accompanied by servants and guards, strolling around here to observe the festival and pick up some offerings." Her gaze fell on Xiao Jungkook, who didn't even spare her a glance as he looked in the direction of the altar. Ling Xiu felt a pang of jealousy.

In fact, she and Yan Miner had seen Xiao Jungkook not here but when he won the flag at the capture wind event. The young man was as handsome as the moon, stunning everyone with his charming smile. However, this impressive display was only to win a whip for the woman he favored.

Ling Xiu was consumed with envy.

She was beautiful, talented, and from a prominent family in Jiyang City. Many young talents admired her, but she didn't fancy any of them. Yet, this man had arrived, outshining everyone in the city, and was infatuated with a seemingly ordinary woman. If her initial reaction was merely annoyance at Xiao Jungkook's indifference, Ling Xiu had grown to dislike him, even including He Lisa.