186-187

186: Night Elope

Tong Qiushi set his sights on Youhua Fairy, waving his hand dramatically and offering a thousand taels of gold to make Youhua Fairy his concubine. His elder sister was the current governor's madam, and Ding Mama didn't dare to offend her.

In the Cloud Pavilion, many young ladies had been selected by high-ranking officials and taken away to become concubines. Ding Mama was happy to facilitate such arrangements. Firstly, the young ladies were often willing, and avoiding the future of standing at the door and selling their smiles was, of course, a good thing. Secondly, the Cloud Pavilion, standing tall in Jinling for many years, also needed to navigate social relationships.

But Tong Qiushi chose Youhua Fairy.

Youhua Fairy's heart was entirely focused on Wang Sheng, and Ding Mama saw it clearly. Knowing her daughter seemed elegant and amiable but was actually quite cunning, Ding Mama was worried. Now, during this time of deep affection between her and Wang Sheng, where would she find any interest in Tong Qiushi? It was likely that she would wholeheartedly prefer to be shattered as jade than intact as pottery. She might even create a big fuss, causing a rift in the relationship.

Ding Mama thought to advise Tong Qiushi, but unexpectedly, this young master was a stubborn one. That night, he caused a scene, almost setting the Cloud Pavilion on fire. The governor, fearing internal strife, naturally sided with his little brother-in-law. Ding Mama was both angry and helpless. Even though the Cloud Pavilion had connections with many officials and wealthy families, a dragon could not suppress a local snake. Even if Youhua Fairy was exceptionally beautiful, she was still just a courtesan. Offending the local governor for a courtesan was not a profitable deal. Moreover, since Youhua Fairy met Wang Sheng, she had only played the zither on stage, refraining from more intimate interactions. As a result, there were fewer people willing to stand up for her.

Tong Qiushi took Youhua Fairy's contract, had her confined, and even planned to bring her into the mansion. Not only that, he ordered an investigation into Wang Sheng's whereabouts and imprisoned him on the estate, subjecting him to daily torture.

This information was secretly revealed to Youhua Fairy by the Cloud Pavilion's sisters from the mouths of outsiders. Worried about Wang Sheng's condition and her own inability to protect him, Youhua Fairy fell seriously ill from excessive worry.

"If the young masters are willing to help, I won't ask for anything else," Youhua Fairy pleaded earnestly. "I've heard that Young Master Wang is imprisoned in the northern mansion. Please, young masters, rescue him. Tong Qiushi targeted me. Because of my mistakes, I implore you to save Young Master Wang. I can't sleep at night."

This seemed like a typical plot of a villainous man forcing a maiden into a marriage against her will, a story of breaking up a pair of lovers. The young men present were filled with a sense of justice and heroism.

"It's not difficult. We're just rescuing a person. Miss, rest assured, we'll get Young Master Wang out safe and sound," one of the young men assured.

Youhua Fairy's eyes brightened, and she gratefully bowed, "Thank you, young masters!"

Everyone quickly helped her up.

Lin Taehyung, however, looked at her thoughtfully and asked, "May I ask Miss Youhua Fairy, what will happen after we rescue Young Master Wang?"

Youhua Fairy was taken aback and then smiled bitterly, "If the young masters can rescue Young Master Wang, please convey a message for me. Youhua and Young Master Wang have a destined but untethered relationship. Due to my previous mistakes, I implore Young Master Wang to leave Jinling promptly. In the future, please forget about Youhua."