65-66

Liang Ping and Du Mao finally arrived afterwards. The two of them dismounted at the finish line and saw He lisa happily drinking water to quench her thirst, while Ma Damei stood to the side with a thoughtful expression.

The two men had a simultaneous thought: Could it be? Did Ma Damei really lose to He lisa?

Liang Ping walked over to Ma Damei, who didn't wait for him to speak before taking the initiative, "I lost."

Really lost?

Liang Ping was puzzled, "How? How did you lose to him?"

Ma Damei was the best among their instructors in equestrian skills. If Ma Damei couldn't even beat He lisa, wouldn't that mean that there was no one in the entire Liangzhou Garrison who was better than He lisa in riding? In that case, what was the point of He lisa learning riding from them? He could just be his own instructor.

"Could that kid have tricked you?" Du Mao asked in a hushed voice, "Did you fall for his trick?" He was still upset about He lisa using the riding crop to sweep away all his arrows. Just think about it, what kind of thing could a new recruit do?

Ma Damei glared at him, "I lost because my skills are inferior. Got it?" He walked over to He lisa and asked, "Youngster, there's something I want to ask you."

Liang Ping waved his hand dismissively, fine, out of sight, out of mind.

Du Mao watched her back as she walked away, a puzzled look on his face, "After running like that, he still has so much energy left, and he's heading to the training ground for more practice. Just what kind of person is he?"

"He's different from you and me," Liang Ping replied without much patience.

"Sorry for making the Commander witness this." Shen Han felt a bit embarrassed. All of his instructors had been defeated by He lisa. Even though they had used tactics, they couldn't even win when they teamed up. It was a bit hard to explain.

"It's nothing. You've done well," Xiao Jungkook said while sipping his tea, his gaze lowered. "I didn't intend for you all to compete in archery. It was simply a test, and the person has already been tested."

"Do you still have doubts about him, Commander?" Shen Han asked.

"Yes."

"Is it because He lisa excels too much?" If that was the case, it could only be considered suspicion without evidence.

"It's his final maneuver while controlling the horse just now. It's from the barbarian tribes," Xiao Jungkook placed his tea cup down.

The barbarian tribes included the Western Qiang, the Southern Barbarians, and the present-day Wuto people. The Western Qiang Rebellion had been quelled by Flying Phoenix General, and Xiao Jungkook himself had driven out the Southern Barbarians when they invaded. The Wuto people were currently showing signs of unrest, and the relationship between the barbarian tribes and Da Wei had always been strained, much like the relations with the present Western Qiang and Southern Barbarians, which required constant vigilance.

"Could she be from one of the barbarian tribes?"

"It's not impossible," Xiao Jungkook shook his head. "Have you brought the military roster?"

Shen Han handed over the roster. "He lisa's information is here."

"Since this person is different, we can't alert them. Pay close attention to her every move and proceed cautiously."

"Let out a long line to catch a big fish. We need to identify who's behind this." His response was calm and composed.

After Shen Han left, Xiao Jungkook flipped through the military roster and paused on He lisa's page for a while. Moments later, he said, "Fei Nu."