180-181

180 Swordsmanship

Rundu City gradually regained vitality.

Yan jin's troops not only drove away the Wutuo people but also brought supplies. The grain sent from Huayuan relieved the urgent need for food in Rundu.

"Flying Phoenix General isn't in Huayuan?" Li Kuang looked at Yan jin on the opposite side with confusion. "Has he returned to Shuojing already? How is that possible?"

"Are you suspecting me of lying?" Yan jin frowned.

"No," Li Kuang said, "it's just... when Rundu was besieged by the Wutuo people, I immediately sent people to ask General He for reinforcements. In total, three groups were dispatched. It's impossible not to have any news. I thought he didn't come because the situation in Huayuan was bad, but... how could he have returned to Shuojing?"

"You'll have to ask him about that," Yan jin said, leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head, seemingly indifferent. "I'm not familiar with He Rufei as much as you are."

Li Kuang didn't say anything.

While the two were in silence, someone came in. It was Zhao Shiming. Zhao Shiming first glanced at Yan jin, then carefully said to Li Kuang, "Zongbing, um... today, Miss Qiluo was buried. You..."

At these words, Li Kuang's expression became unpleasant. After a while, he stood up and said, "Let's go."

Qiluo was not originally from Rundu, but her birth parents had passed away early, and now she had no other relatives. It was summer, and they couldn't bring Qiluo's body back to Shuojing, so they could only bury her on the spot. She was buried in a beautiful place within Rundu, with a large vineyard not far away. Qiluo loved grapes when she was alive, and now, being buried here, she might be slightly pleased.

When they arrived at the burial site, unexpectedly, both Xiao Jungkook and He lisa were present. Standing beside them was a young man in white clothes holding a folding fan. Xiao Jungkook didn't matter much, but when Li Kuang saw He lisa, he felt uncomfortable.

That day, he and He lisa almost drew their swords against each other in the hall. In the end, everything abruptly stopped because of Xiao Jungkook's appearance, but after the dust settled, He lisa's words still lingered in Li Kuang's ears, keeping him awake at night. In the bed beside him, he could almost see Qiluo's smiling face when he turned his head. However, when the sunlight shone through the window, and he opened his eyes, everything was empty, and he couldn't grasp anything.

He failed to become Zhang Xun, and he also lost Qiluo forever.

This was like an irony, a hurdle he would have difficulty overcoming for the rest of his life. Every day in the future, whenever he thought of Qiluo, he would be accompanied by endless guilt and pain.

He lisa didn't look at Li Kuang. In fact, she didn't want to look at him at all. She and Li Kuang had fought side by side before, and she knew Li Kuang was loyal and upright. But perhaps because she was a woman, she would always stand on Qiluo's side in this matter, she felt that women were innocent.

As the coffin was buried, everything settled. He lisa watched as a small stone monument was erected, which ironically stated that she died at the hands of Li Kuang. Yet, on the tablet, she would always be listed as Li Kuang's concubine.

He lisa lowered her head, walked forward, and placed a small wreath with purple flowers in her hands in front of the stone monument. This girl had once told her that she hoped to be Li Kuang's favorite concubine even after ten years. Life is unpredictable. Before waiting for ten years, there was no longer such a person in the world. In a way, it seemed that her wish had come true. Not only for ten years, but Li Kuang would probably never forget Qiluo for the rest of his life.