184-185

184: Old Dreams on the Pleasure Boat

He lisa didn't expect there to be such a history between Yang Mingzhi and Xiao Jungkook. After listening to Lin Taehyung, she pondered for a while.

Indeed, the last words Yang Mingzhi said were too hurtful. However, nothing happens without reason. If you can't help, then don't help, why stab someone in the heart like that? Moreover, Yang Mingzhi's original temperament shouldn't be so sharp and bitter. He lisa thought so, and as Xiao Jungkook's former good friend, Xiao Jungkook shouldn't have overlooked this.

He lisa asked, "What happened afterward? Did the Commander and Lord Yang not have any contact anymore? Was there no misunderstanding between them?"

Lin Taehyung shook his head. "After Jeongguk went to Guo City, he rarely returned to the capital. But as for Yang Mingzhi, not long after Jeongguk left, he stopped attending classes at Xianchang Academy. With his talent, I thought he would become the top scholar and stay in the capital. It wouldn't have been difficult with his father's connections and his own abilities. However, since then, he seemed to have disappeared. Being brothers, Jeongguk's matter was indeed his fault. I also stopped contacting him later. Therefore, I don't know when the governor of Jinling City turned into him."

It seemed that these brothers had truly gone their separate ways, He lisa thought.

Just then, there was a knock on the door, accompanied by Yan jin's impatient urging, "Lin Taehyung, open the door!"

Lin Taehyung stood up, walked to the door, and opened it. As soon as he opened the door, he saw Yan jin standing there. Lin Taehyung smiled, "General Yan, what brings you here so late?"

Yan jin was about to speak when he noticed He lisa in the room and asked suspiciously, "Why is he in your room?"

"I came to see if there were ants here," He lisa said. "If there are, I'll help Brother Lin get rid of them."

"Yes, yes," Lin Taehyung said solemnly. "He's here to drive away ants for me. Don't randomly suspect our relationship."

"What nonsense," Yan jin frowned. "Hurry up and change your clothes and come with us."

"Go where?" Lin Taehyung was puzzled.

Yan jin cleared his throat. "I'm going to tell Yang Mingzhi that we're going to the Qinhuai River on a pleasure boat tonight. As a local governor, he should prepare hospitality for us. Quickly change your clothes and inform Xiao Jeongguk."

No one expected Yan jin's behavior. Lin Taehyung was dumbfounded, asking, "Why do we need to go on a pleasure boat?"

"Look at the appearances of Yang Mingzhi and Xiao Jeongguk. Who are they trying to deceive?" Yan jin said triumphantly. "I saw it at a glance. Today, I'm in a good mood and willing to act as a bridge for them. Xiao Jeongguk won't come to Jinling every day. Spending more time together will naturally resolve misunderstandings." He played with his ponytail. "These years, I've traveled around, understanding a lot of worldly affairs. With Xiao Jeongguk's unpleasant temperament, it's impossible for him and Yang Mingzhi to resolve misunderstandings by themselves. As for Yang Mingzhi, I don't particularly dislike him. I'm not doing it for Xiao Jeongguk, just for Yang Mingzhi."

Seeing Lin Taehyung silent, Yan jin raised his chin. "What do you think? Do you think I'm magnanimous? Hurry up and thank me for your best friend."

He lisa: "..."

Lin Taehyung: "... Thank you very much."

Yan jin is truly a talent, He lisa sighed in her heart, always accurately hitting Xiao Jungkook's forbidden area. No wonder the two of them didn't get along well at Xianchang Academy.