178-179

178: Pointing the Sword

The room fell silent for a moment, and Li Kuang's voice, filled with anger, rang out, "Who let you in?"

He lisa raised her head, glaring at him, suppressing the trembling in her voice, "You killed her."

"This is my family affair, what business is it of yours?" Li Kuang seemed reluctant to see her, "Get out!"

Surrounding soldiers showed signs of discomfort, some avoiding He lisa's gaze, others bowing their heads in silence. No one spoke.

"Why should I leave?" He lisa said coldly, "Even if Miss Qiluo is your family affair, these women, I rescued them from the Wutuo people. This shouldn't be your family affair, Lord Li," she raised her voice suddenly, "Are you planning to kill them all too?"

Upon hearing this, some of the women on the ground began to sob softly.

Zhao Shiming, who had rushed in with San and others, finally joined them, startled to see a corpse on the ground. He shook and asked, "What's... what happened? Who is this person?"

He lisa took a step forward, and Li Kuang angrily warned, "Don't touch her!" In the next moment, the white cloth covering the body was lifted.

The girl lying on the ground, her clothes stained red with blood from her chest, lay there peacefully, as if a delicate flower. Just a few hours ago, she had been happily showing He lisa the flower crown she had made, expressing her aspirations for the future. Now, she would no longer cry, no longer smile; she had become a cold corpse.

"Qiluo?" Zhao Shiming was shocked, "How could this happen to Qiluo? Did Wutuo people infiltrate? Lord Li, what's going on?"

If there were really Wutuo people involved, how could Li Kuang remain so calm? The situation in Rundu would likely have already descended into chaos. However, how could the current scene be explained?

Li Kuang stared at He lisa, and she, unmoved, looked at him word by word, "This, Lord Li, you should explain. I think, Lord Li, you want to emulate the former Zhang Xun!"

With these words, Zhao Shiming gasped for a breath.

Among San and the others, only Hyun jin had some literary knowledge. The rest did not understand what He lisa meant. Only Hyun jin's expression changed slightly.

"In the former dynasty, Zhang Xun defended Suiyang City. When the city ran out of food, he killed his concubines to feed the soldiers. Lord Li, what are you doing? Do you want to be Wei's Zhang Xun? But now, there are still other ways for Rundu City to survive. Why resort to this!"

"You understand nothing!" Li Kuang couldn't help but rebuke, "Just a mere woman! If sacrificing one woman could save the people of Rundu, then my life is not worth regretting. It's just a woman, dying for the sake of Rundu City is not a pity!"

He lisa looked at him. Li Kuang had fought side by side with her, sharing life and death. Although she and Li Kuang were not close friends, they could be considered old acquaintances. He lisa had never doubted Li Kuang's character. As a military officer, he was honest, brave, and loyal. However, this hero in the eyes of the world regarded "women" as nothing more than sacrificial objects, like cats, dogs, or mere possessions. The most beloved concubine could be slaughtered in the name of "righteousness" and become food to fill their stomachs.

This was even more terrifying than swapping one's child for food.

She had already anticipated that such a scene might happen, but after all, that was a matter from the previous dynasty. The situation had not reached such an extreme, and Li Kuang was not Zhang Xun. He lisa still held a glimmer of hope, thinking that perhaps she had imagined the horror of human nature too much. However, nothing could stop it.