140: Reunion

"Ah He?"

He Lisa remained in place, unsure of what to be more astonished by at the moment: the fact that she had encountered Liu Buwang here, or the fact that Liu Buwang could immediately recognize the significantly changed He Lisa.

Liu Buwang unlocked the acupoints of the little girl, who coughed a few times and looked at them without saying a word.

Unable to contain her curiosity, He Lisa asked Liu Buwang, "Master... how did you... recognize me?"

He had seen He Lisa's face under her mask, and aside from a few people from the He family, the only other person who had seen her face was Liu Buwang. During the battle at Moxian, all her comrades had perished, and if Liu Buwang hadn't found her in a pile of corpses, He Lisa wouldn't even know where she could be now. Liu Buwang was aware of her true identity as a woman and had seen her face, but He Lisa's face was no longer the same as it was when she was known as "Madam Xu."

He smiled and said, "Your swordsmanship is unique, and it's mixed with elements of my own sword technique. One glance and I can see through it. What is it, is this a disguise?"

He Lisa couldn't explain it all at once, so she simply said, "It's a long story, and we'll have to discuss it later. But Master, how did you end up here?"

"There are suspicious individuals in Jiyang City, and I suspect they may be Wutuo people. I've been tracing them all the way here." He looked at the body of the old woman on the ground. "I heard the sounds of a fight here and came to see what had happened. Do you know this young girl?"

He Lisa shook her head and said, "I don't know her. I and... a friend were passing by this place and having a meal at a post station. We saw this woman with the young girl, and they seemed suspicious. We initially thought they were kidnappers, but it turned out there were assassins nearby, so I suspect they're not just ordinary criminals."

As they spoke, they heard the sound of approaching hooves from behind. They turned to see Xiao Jungkook riding towards them. He stopped his horse at a short distance from them, dismounted, and walked over to He Lisa's side, frowning as he asked, "Who is this?"

"One of our own," He Lisa hurried to explain. "This is my... master."

"Master?" Xiao Jungkook was incredulous. "What master?"

"My skills have already made me the best in Liangzhou Garrison, as I've mentioned to you before, it's all thanks to guidance from a master. This is my master, whom I haven't seen in years. It's quite unexpected to meet him here. If it weren't for his help just now, this young girl might not have survived."

Liu Buwang turned to Xiao Jungkook and smiled, "I am Liu Buwang. And who might you be?"

"I'm Qiao Huanqing," he replied.

"Young Master, what happened to those people just now?" He Lisa asked.

"They couldn't beat me, so they ran off," Xiao Jungkook replied nonchalantly. "But what about you? How did you end up here reminiscing about the past?"

"We can discuss these matters later," He Lisa changed the subject. "Right now, these people made quite a commotion just to kidnap this young girl. It doesn't seem right, does it? Young lady, what's your name, where do you live, and whose child are you?" He Lisa bent down to look at the child.

The young girl was exceptionally beautiful, though very young. It was evident she had the potential to become a beauty. She seemed a bit frightened and kept her eyes fixed on them, lips pressed together, refusing to speak. He Lisa asked several times, but she still didn't respond, and in the end, she simply turned her face away.