131: Bridal Makeup

The room was noisy, but they finally finished drawing the eyebrows.

With a single swift move, He Lisa snatched the conch black dye back from his hand, saying, "Alright, alright. You can leave now."

Xiao Jungkook raised an eyebrow and asked, "Aren't you going to check in the mirror?"

"Let's check it together after I've changed," she replied, eager to get him out of her room. She pushed and shoved him until he was outside, then opened the door to find Cui Jiao and Hong Qiao standing there. It startled her. "Why are you two here?"

Cui Jiao looked a little flustered. "We brought some refreshments for you, but when we saw that the young master was... helping you with your eyebrows, we didn't dare enter."

He Lisa: "....."

Xiao Jungkook seemed completely at ease, saying, "Take your time changing. I'll go find Steward Lin."

The two maids followed He Lisa into the room, with Hong Qiao walking behind her, said with envy, "The Young Master is so good to the Young Madam."

He Lisa: "Huh?"

"He even personally drew eyebrows for the Young Madam." Perhaps their fear of He Lisa had lessened somewhat, and these two young girls had grown a bit bolder. Cui Jiao added, "I've never seen a loving couple do this."

Well, the image of the godly couple was now unintentionally being established. He Lisa laughed and asked, "Can you both do hair and makeup?"

This was a bit challenging for her, as she knew how to do simple female hairstyles but nothing too elaborate. She was afraid she wouldn't live up to the title of "wealthy merchant's wife."

"This servant can do makeup. Hong Qiao is skilled at styling hair, and she does the best job." Cui Jiao said, "Madam, what kind of hairstyle would you like today? Should the makeup be light or bold?"

He Lisa looked puzzled. "I'm attending a banquet today, so I just need to look presentable at the feast." She pointed at the box that Xiao Jungkook had brought, saying, "The outfit I'm wearing today is in there. Just pick for me."

Cui Jiao walked to the box and picked up the "Tear Silk" dress, exclaiming, "What a beautiful fabric! Madam, is this something that mermaids wear?"

He Lisa: "...Mermaids don't wear clothes." Did the dress actually have "mermaid" written on it? Why could everyone see it, but she couldn't?

He Lisa continued, "I won't wear this dress today. Please choose something else for me." After all, it was a hundred gold coins, and it needed to be reserved for more important occasions.

She realized that one's appearance is determined by their parents, and no matter how one dressed, it all depended on their inherent features. She hadn't acted like a woman for so long, and her usually calm heart was now slightly nervous.

She hoped she wouldn't embarrass herself too much.

.....

In the neighboring room, Lin Taehyung was lounging on the couch, sipping tea.

Xiao Jungkook sat at the table, polishing the guqin. Lin Taehyung couldn't help but remember teaching He Lisa how to play the guqin before, and the terrible music she'd made.

Xiao Jungkook was also a refined person, skilled in various arts and cultured pursuits. However, how could He Lisa, a young woman, produce such an unpleasant sound while playing the qin? It would be quite amusing if she went to the Cui family tonight and was asked to demonstrate her musical talent as "Wen Yuyan."