124: Gentle

After having lunch, the soldiers began to look for warm places to take a short rest.

Xiao Jungkook was at the training grounds talking to the deputy general, giving orders for the training schedule for the next month. Lin Taehyung walked over, gesturing from a distance with his fan for him to step aside and speak.

After Xiao Jungkook finished discussing the matter, he walked towards Lin Taehyung, grumbling as he went, "Weren't you supposed to be helping out at the medical clinic?"

Lin Taehyung had a habit of being idle all day long and with the recent cold weather, Shen Muxue was making medicinal soup to ward off the cold and warm the stomach. They were distributing it to the soldiers. Due to the shortage of manpower, Lin Taehyung had volunteered to help, but he had only done it for two days and then refused to continue, claiming that the soldiers in Liangzhou Garrison didn't bathe, were untidy, and had a strange odor.

"I was indeed planning to go, but I ran into someone on the way. Some visitors have arrived at Liangzhou Garrison," he said.

Xiao Jungkook asked, "Who are they?"

A mischievous smile played on Lin Taehyung's face as he replied, "It's Xu Pingting's... personal maid."

...

Inside the room, a young maid stood at the door with a bright smile, instructing the servants to open the boxes one by one. She said, "These are all personally selected by the Miss to be given as gifts to Fourth Young Master."

Xu Jingfu, the current Prime Minister, wielded immense power, and half of the officials in the court had been his students. Having lived for most of his life, he had an excellent reputation, and the Emperor trusted him. If there was anything to regret, it was the fact that he didn't have a son. Later in life, he sought the help of a renowned doctor to treat his wife, and in his fifties, his wife finally gave birth to a daughter, Xu Pingting.

Having obtained this precious daughter only in his later years, the Xu family doted on Xu Pingting. Even a princess couldn't compare to her. She was now seventeen years old, a beautiful young lady with countless charms. However, she had an extremely strong-willed and domineering personality that made it hard for anyone to resist.

Chu Jaemin, Xu Jingfu's most cherished student, often visited the Xu residence for dinner. As a result, he became well-acquainted with Xu Pingting.

"Little Sister Motai has traveled far and wide," Ying Xiang smiled as she handed over a cup of tea. She said, "Have some tea to warm up."

Motai gave a sidelong glance to Ying Xiang and replied with a sardonic smile, "Never mind, I can't get used to the coarse tea of Liangzhou Garrison."

Ying Xiang wasn't offended and maintained her smile as she took the tea away. Motai watched Ying Xiang's receding figure, a trace of contempt flickering in her eyes. She cursed the seductress silently.

This kind of seductress followed Chu Jaemin around daily, and who knows if she would use her seductive techniques on her master in secret. Although Xu Pingting was young and beautiful, she couldn't compete with this despicable woman when it came to vying for affection. Xu Pingting had considered driving Ying Xiang away from Chu Jaemin, but unfortunately, Chu Jaemin had firmly refused. In the end, it was Xu Jingfu himself who had stepped in to resolve the matter.

Wasn't she just a servant? Was there any need to protect her like this? Motai was filled with dissatisfaction but couldn't vent it to Chu Jaemin.

She glanced around Chu Jaemin's room for a moment before shaking her head and saying, "The Fourth Young Master's living conditions here are indeed too austere. I've only been here for a short while, and my hands and feet are already freezing. There's not even a charcoal fire here. It seems that the Fourth Young Master has endured quite a bit in these past two months."