148: Gazing at the Moon

On the way back, He Lisa kept looking at the flower basket in Chu Jaemin's hand.

The flower basket looked very beautiful, and the street vendor had written the words "Zi Lan" on it with great care. His handwriting was already elegant and refined, and when combined with the various fragrances in the basket, it complemented each other perfectly.

"Brother Chu, when you get back, you must eat it early," He Lisa said. "Otherwise, in Jiyang weather, it will melt quickly." She had bought a phoenix-shaped one for herself and had already eaten it. "I've tried it, it tastes pretty good, not too sweet."

Chu Jaemin smiled gently, "Thank you, Ah He. I will be careful when I get back."

Only then did He Lisa relax.

After buying the sugar sculptures, they walked back along the riverbank, and during the moments of silence, He Lisa occasionally asked about Xu Hanbin.

"Brother Chu, how was it last time when you went back for a friend's wedding? Was it lively?"

Chu Jaemin paused for a moment, then smiled and replied, "Yes, it was very lively. After all, it was Flying Phoenix General's sister, and even the Crown Prince personally attended to offer his congratulations."

This answer made He Lisa somewhat suspicious. The Crown Prince? Did the Crown Prince attend Xu Hanbin's wedding for Xu Hanbin, for He Rurui, or for both? Was there a plot between the He and Xu families, and did the Crown Prince know her identity?

"However..." Chu Jaemin continued, "Lord Xu is deeply in love with his late wife. He even shed tears during the wedding banquet."

He Lisa exclaimed, "Oh?"

Her expression clearly showed her disbelief, and Chu Jaemin found it somewhat amusing. "What's wrong? Do you not believe that there are deeply affectionate men in this world?"

He Lisa thought to herself that she certainly believed there were deeply affectionate men in this world, like her father, He Sui, who had raised two children on his own after the death of his wife. Miss He, who was so spoiled, was doted on by He Sui just because she resembled her late mother. This proved that there were people in the world who loved deeply and without regret. However, that person could be anyone, but it would definitely not be Xu Hanbin.

"It's not that I don't believe," He Lisa concealed her sarcasm and said, "It's just that if he's like that, wouldn't his newlywed wife be angry?"

"The current Madam Xu is very kind and pure at heart. When she saw Lord Xu upset, she also had tears in her eyes," Chu Jaemin said. "Not only did she not get angry, but she also empathized with him. It moved Flying Phoenix General and the other members of the He family. So, even though it was lively, this wedding banquet was tinged with some sadness."

He Lisa felt that of all the jokes she had heard this year, what Chu Jaemin was saying now was the funniest. The He family members would be sad and mournful for her sake? Even the pigs in the pigsty would feel insulted by that statement. But Chu Jaemin's expression when talking about this matter clearly indicated that most people thought this way.

Having done a bad deed, they had to put on a pitiful appearance as if they were the rare, compassionate souls in the world, which was truly nauseating.

"Ah He, it seems you don't quite agree with what I just said?" Chu Jaemin noticed her expression.

He Lisa smiled and said, "It's nothing, I just find Lord Xu quite interesting."

"What do you mean?"

"If it's truly a deep affection and he can't forget his late wife, even if the Emperor personally arranged his marriage, he could still refuse it. After all, he's a man," He Lisa quipped, "If it were a woman, not having control over one's marital destiny is common. Brother Chu, have you heard of women who resort to forceful marriages or become prostitutes against their will? Have you ever heard of a woman doing such things?"