166-167

166: Entering Officialdom

"Not allowed to go."

He Lisa froze.

After a moment, she asked, "Why?"

Xiao Jungkook looked at her, curved his lips, and spoke in the usual mocking tone, "Chu Jaemin is under Xu Jingfu, staying in the Liangzhou Garrison with ulterior motives. Are you getting too close to a spy? Thinking of defecting to Xu Jingfu?"

This accusation was quite serious. He Lisa repeatedly denied, "I'm not, I didn't!"

Xiao Jungkook coldly snorted and ignored her.

"Commander, I certainly know the special status of Fourth Young Master Chu," He Lisa's attitude was very sincere. "I promise that what we talk about in our daily conversations has nothing to do with any Liangzhou Garrison secrets. Besides, I don't know any secrets of the Liangzhou Garrison. If Fourth Young Master Chu really has intentions to probe military affairs in Liangzhou Garrison, I will avoid it. Moreover, if he indeed has ulterior motives in the Liangzhou Garrison, being close to him like this might help us get some information that could benefit us."

Xiao Jungkook glanced at her. "You're so foolish; you might not get any information but reveal yourself first."

He Lisa: "..."

Perhaps Hyunjin is not entirely correct. In this world, it's not only women who experience mood swings; men also have a certain period each month when they become extremely irritable and find fault with everyone.

Regardless of the circumstances, Xiao Jungkook would not let anyone go today. He Lisa sighed inwardly and said, "Alright, Commander, I won't go look for him then. But I'll still inform the maid by Fourth Young Master Chu's side. It wouldn't be good to break the appointment without reason."

When Ying Xiang came, she spoke earnestly, she hoped that there wasn't really something urgent.

Xiao Jungkook remained calm, "No need, you won't have any dealings in the future anyway."

He Lisa: "..."

Xiao Jungkook is indeed a straightforward person.

...

As the night deepened, Ying Xiang came in from outside, closed the door, and walked to the man by the window. She whispered, "Fourth Young Master, the lamp in Miss He's room has gone out; she should have rested."

Chu Jaemin heard this, his expression not showing anger. He just shook his head and smiled, "As expected."

"It's probably because Commander Xiao didn't allow it," Ying Xiang said, "But breaking the appointment without even a greeting is really..."

"No matter," Chu Jaemin looked at the songbird in the cage hanging in front of the window. The cold and desolate place seemed to brighten up a bit because of him, as if he had returned to the bustling capital. After playing with the bird for a while, he turned around and said, "For Xiao Jeongguk, the more nervous he is, the more it proves one thing."

"He treats He Lisa differently."

The lamp on the table gently swayed, and along with his voice, it disappeared into the shadows.

"She will become Xiao Jeongguk's weakness."

...

The next day, He Lisa went to the martial arts training ground as usual. Today, Xiao Jungkook was also present, and due to Xiao Jungkook's unusual mood these past few days, He Lisa did not dare to be lazy; she trained especially hard. At noon, just before the break, suddenly, Shen Han and a few others hurriedly ran over from the direction of the Liangzhou Garrison's new recruits. They reached Xiao Jungkook and said, "Commander, Commander, people from the capital have arrived!"