2x02 Britney/Brittany - Bad Taste

"Alright, who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?" Mr. Schue asked as he turned away from the whiteboard which the unfamiliar name was written on.

Every single one of his students stared blankly back at him.

"He discovered America," Brittany exclaimed while Finn nodded with her, Julia shrugging since she was actually pretty close this time.

"Close, he did write an iconic chart-topper, 'Sailing'," Mr. Schue said with too much excitement.

"I have a bad feeling about this lesson," Kurt expressed what much of the class was thinking.

"Never heard about him, don't want to hear about him," Tina added.

"Now, some people look at the term easy listening as a bad thing, but I'm gonna let this music speak for itself," Mr. Schue said, grabbing a thick stack of sheet music off the piano. "You guys love Lady Gaga and The Rolling Stones, and you guys are really good about putting it all out there." Mr. Schue began to hand out sheet music.

Julia skimmed over each line, the song so dreary and lackluster it barely kept Julia awake. Though she already was exhausted from more dance class, more texting Ali, and more time spent with Santana over the weekend.

"This sounds like something my grandma would listen to," Julia randomly blurted out, unsure if she had interrupted Mr. Schue midsentence as she had completely tuned him out.

"How can you get caught between the moon and New York City? They're like a hundred miles apart," Finn wondered, causing Santana to scoff.

Julia thought it was a bit bizarre how Santana had willingly slept with the boy last year.

"Mr. Schue, if I may," Kurt said, raising his hand. "I think I speak for all of us when I say it's not that we don't love spending a week on this silky-smooth adult contemporary, it's just that as teens, this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that has swelled to over five members. The ardent demand: that this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley high school glee club perform a number by, wait for it...Ms. Britney Spears!"

The glee club erupted into cheers and laughter, Julia smiling at the idea. She admired Britney Spears' strength as a performer as well as a person.

"Yo, Spears is Spears yeah," Artie agreed.

"Sorry, Kurt, sorry," Mr. Schue attempted to quiet the cheers and clapping. "No. No, no, I don't think she's a very good role model."

"But Mr. Schue, we kinda grew up with her," Rachel told the teacher as the excitement turned into dullness yet again, almost the entire class agreeing with the diva for once.

"She's literally why I wanted to become a performer," Tina said.

"I don't want to do, Britney," Brittany suddenly interfered.

"Why no Britney, Brittany?" Julia questioned, turning to the left where Brittany sat beside her.

"Cause my name is also Britney Spears."

There was silence for a few moments as everyone blankly gaped at Brittany.

"W-What?" Mr. Schue stuttered

"What the hell is she talking about?" Mercedes exclaimed.

"My middle name is Susan, my last name is Pierce, that makes me Brittany S. Pierce. Brittany Spierce."

Jaws slacked open at the blonde's logic.

"I've lived my entire life in Brittany Spears' shadow and I will never be as talented or as famous. I hope you all respect that I want glee club to remain a space where I, Brittany S. Pierce, can escape the torment of Britney Spears."