2x11 The Sue Sylvester Shuffle - Choices

All of the Cheerios stood outside in the freezing cold, their hands stuffed in their pockets as Sue ran her hand down a large black cannon with fire painted on the sides.

"Ladies, my Sue-clear weapon.  Becky," Sue summoned the blonde who broke a glass bottle on the cannon and a liquid splashed everywhere, Julia subconsciously jumping away from it so she didn't get wet.

And of course she bumped into Santana who giggled at the girl's clumsiness before wrapping an arm around her back.  Julia looked at the other Latina and a large grin grew on her face at the sight of her smile and sound of her laugh.

"Julia, climb on up.  You're the perfect one to do the stunt for this weekend," Sue smiled as Julia's face dropped.

"Uh, what?  Is that thing gonna kill me?" Julia asked.

Santana was about to interrupt the conversation, but Sue beat her to it.

"Well, you have the perfect figure and sharp moves to be shot out of a cannon," Sue said.

"But you didn't answer my question.  Am I going to die?" Julia asked, her stubbornness coming out.

Santana's grip on Julia's back grew a bit tighter.  There was no way she was letting their delusional cheer coach fire her best friend out of a cannon.

"Well I have a backup option," Sue said, still not answering the question.  "Brittany, climb on up. Congratulations, you're doing the stunt for the big competition," Sue directed her attention over to the innocent girl as Julia looped her arm with the blonde's, protective of the girl.

Brittany's face immediately dropped.

"I don't want to die yet.  At least not until "One Tree Hill" gets canceled," Brittany said.

"Fine," Sue angrily said before snapping her fingers, causing a couple Cheerios to walk in with a brunette stunt dummy.

Julia assumed it was supposed to be her because of the many freckles on the dummy's face, colored on by a brown marker.

"Put your toddler, fist-sized mind at rest with one final test run," Sue said as they loaded the dummy into the cannon head first.

Brittany and Julia looked at each other, both of their mouths agape, before Julia looked over at Santana who shook her head in annoyance and anger.

Julia's heart fluttered at how protective Santana was of her.

Sue jabbed the dummy in with a stick before she hit the button and launched the dummy.  The mannequin wound up in small pieces all over the field, causing Julia to place her hand over her mouth in both shock and fear.

"Any of you take German?  I may have to read the owner's manual," Sue said.

Julia picked up her own burnt "head" and looked at her own "face".

"Don't worry, I'll talk to Mr. Schue and take care of it," Quinn told her two friends as Santana hugged her best friend into her side.

"I need you alive for at least another couple years," Santana teased, trying to make Julia smile and eventually being successful.

"Hey!" Julia whined and playfully hit Santana's shoulder as the pair softly laughed, finding some light in this dark situation.

xxx

"No frickin' way!" Karofsky yelled as Julia rolled her eyes at the boy's immaturity and crossed her arms.

"We don't have a choice.  Sue pulled the Cheerios from the game, so if we don't do it, there's no halftime show," Mr. Schue said.