2x22 New York - Nationals

"We made it.  We're one of the top 50 show choirs in the nation!  Tomorrow only ten will move on to showcase, where they'll vie for the national championship!" Rachel cheered, the New Directions staring up at the banners in the midst of a crowd.

"We've so got this!" Kurt added.

"Okay, usually I'm pretty cautious about getting your hopes up," Mr. Schue turned toward his students.  "But honestly, guys, I think we got a really good shot at winning this thing," Mr. Schue said as everyone cheered.  "All right, everyone put your hands in the middle."

Everyone formed a circle and placed their hands in the middle, Julia's naturally falling on top of Santana's.  Santana noticed the girl's touch, practically having memorized the way Julia's hands felt, and grabbed the girl's free hand with her other hand.

Julia glanced over at Santana, the two sharing large smiles.

"New Directions!"

xxx

After two intimidating performances by Vocal Adrenaline and another all girl group which Julia hadn't cared to remember the name of, the New Directions were preparing back stage.

"Hey, Jules?"

Julia heard her favorite voice call out her name from behind her, Julia spinning on her heels to face Santana.

"Hey," Julia smiled as Santana stepped toward her.

"Hey," Santana couldn't help but grin at Julia's million dollar smile.  "That song...you wrote it about us?"

"Well, yeah," Julia stepped forward and intertwined both of her hands with Santana's, no one else around them.  "I started it when we were too scared to admit our feelings and pretending that we were just best friends."

"Like it was ever going to stay that way," Santana scoffed as Julia giggled and tilted her head slightly to the side just to take in Santana's features from an even better angle.

After a few moments of silence, Julia let out a soft sigh as Santana got lost in those familiar green eyes.

"Don't stare at me like that unless you're gonna kiss me," Santana mumbled.

Julia wasted no time and slowly but surely leaned in to meet Santana's lips.  The kiss was gentle and soft, feeling as if it was in slow-motion.  For some reason, neither girl really cared if someone walked in on them in the moment, being too lost in each other's lips.

But when the first note of the song played, Julia very, very slowly pulled away.

"Listen to the song, okay?" Julia whispered, Santana nodding her head as the two continued to hold their faces close together.  "I'll see you soon, gorgeous."

With that, Julia let go of Santana's hands and walked to the back of the stage and behind the curtain to the other side, where Julia eventually had to enter on.

Just as promised, Santana studied the song.

Face-to-face and heart-to-heart
We're so close yet so far apart
I close my eyes, I look away
That's just because I'm not okay

Santana looked across the stage and caught eye of Julia who was already gazing back at her.  All those feelings and those memories already came flooding back.

But I hold on, I stay strong
Wondering if we still belong

Will we ever say the words we're feeling 
Reach down underneath and tear down all the walls
Will we ever have a happy ending
Or will we forever only be pretending