3x06 Mash Off - Performances, Debates, and Texts

"Welcome, everyone, to day one of the first McKinley High Mash Off!" Mr. Schue shouted, followed by cheers as everyone gathered on the stage.

After the events earlier that day, Santana and Julia had composed themselves...mostly.  After a couple tears and something close to a silent mental breakdown and panic attack, the two Latinas didn't even want to think about it.

No one had brought it up, so neither girl had any intention to do so.  But it still hurt to know that their secret was out.  Julia wasn't sure if she'd be able to look Finn in the eyes again.

"Okay, a couple of ground rules, there will be no heckling of any kind, okay?" Mr. Schue said, Julia and Santana mostly ignoring the teacher as they talked to each other under their breaths.  "We all know each other, we all like each other, we are all friends here, we're all family."

"I'm not so sure about that," Julia mumbled just under her breath, loud enough for Santana to hear, but the brown-eyed girl didn't respond, not knowing how to.

"It's going to be fun, okay?  Alright, here we go!" Mr. Schue exclaimed with a bright smile.  "Finn will represent the New Directions, Santana the Troubletones with a rock paper scissors face off to see who will perform first, alright?"

Santana and Julia high fived, Julia displaying a goofy smile that caused Santana to lightly giggle at the girl before turning to face Finn.  Julia rubbed her girlfriend's shoulders as if Santana was a boxer and Julia was getting her ready for a full blown fight.

"Let's get it going!" Mr. Schue dramatically yelled as Finn and Santana started their stare down.

"Let's do this," Finn glared into Santana's brown eyes before the boy slightly picked his head up, glancing at Julia.

Just as the two made eye contact, Julia immediately looked away, trying to hide the hurt and pain from behind her emerald eyes as Finn directed his attention back onto Santana.

"One, two, three!" everyone shouted before Finn put down paper and Santana put down rock.

Santana glared at the New Direction's leader as Rachel wildly cheered, some of her glee club joining in.

"Paper covers rock, New Directions take the stage!" Mr. Schue pointed at his glee club as Finn and Santana walked away from each other and back toward their show choirs.

"Hey, I'd rather go last anyway so we can see how horrendous they are and show them up later," Julia shrugged, displaying that beautiful, natural smile. 

Santana gave her girlfriend a small smile in return, melting at how much Julia tried to cheer her up all the time, and it definitely worked.  Just seeing her big smile made Santana's day a whole lot brighter.

xxx

From the minute Finn turned around in his pink shirt and grey blazer and sung the first words, both Julia and Santana pulled disgusted faces, Julia more so confused as to how the New Directions thought they could win with this number.

The two Latinas shared a look when the rest of the glee club walked onto stage, some in the same outfit as Finn while others wore a blue shirt with a pink tie and horrendous mustaches and curly wigs, the girls dressed in brown dresses, black jackets and boots.

"What the hell is happening?" Julia whispered into Santana's ear as Rory and Tina began to sing.

"I have no fucking clue," Santana shook her head, the corners of her lips turned down in disgust as Julia's lips stayed parted, but no words came out.