2x16 Original Song - Regionals

Julia had been asleep on Santana's lap or shoulder for almost the entire three-hour trip.  It wasn't until the bus hit a bump when Julia jumped awake.

Rachel, as well as a couple other girls, screamed from the back of the bus and everyone almost fell out of their seats.

Julia slowly lifted her head from Santana's shoulder and Santana removed her hand from Julia's dark hair, having been running her fingers through the raven locks for almost the entire bus ride.

"San," Julia groaned.  "What was that?  Did Sue come to kill us before we perform?" Julia groggily asked as Santana giggled.

"Luckily she's not that crazy...at least I don't think.  But we just hit a speed bump I think and Berry's screaming and probably clinging on to Finn for her life," Santana rolled her eyes.

"Yeah," Julia simply replied, burying herself deeper into Santana's shoulder.

"You okay?  You seemed really tired all day," Santana said, her hand going back up to play with Julia's black locks.

"Yeah," the girl yawned.  "I just stayed up late last night writing another song."

"But Mr. Schue already finalized the setlist.  I bet yours is better than Berry's though," Santana rolled her eyes again, still fuming about Mr. Schue's favoritism.

"I know, I know, but I just...wanted to write one more," Julia mumbled into Santana's shirt.

"Can I see it?" Santana asked, slightly leaning to rest her head on top of Julia's, knowing Julia brought her notebook everywhere.

"No, it's not done yet.  But I'll show you later," Julia replied, Santana nodding in response.

"Okay, you get some rest, we're almost there," Santana said, dreamily gazing down at her best friend.

"M'kay," Julia muttered, before slowly drifting off.

Santana continued to stare at the girl she loved so much, but picked her head up when she felt a pair of eyes on her.  The two stared holes into each other's heads, not saying a word.  That was until Layton had the audacity to mouth something.

'Did she tell you?'

Santana furrowed her eyes at the question, wondering what the delusional boy could possibly mean by it.

'What are you talking about?' Santana mouthed back.

Layton simply hid his mouth with his hand, but anyone could tell that a giant smirk had spread across his face.  Santana stared at the boy for a minute longer before rolling her eyes and focusing her attention on the sleeping beauty next to her.

But thoughts still echoed in her head

Did she tell you?

xxx

The New Directions ran into the auditorium, late as usual, but luckily not missing a second of Aural Intensity's performance.

"Now, from Westville high school, let's have a warm welcome for Aural Intensity!" the announcer sounded as the Mckinley students shuffled down the aisle and into their row of reserved seats.

Santana was about to lead Julia into the first row, but Julia quickly pulled her away, and dragged her into their second row of seats.  Santana looked down and caught eye of Layton, who happened to be sitting in the first row which Julia made sure to avoid.

He gave her a devilish smirk before the curtains lifted.