2x07 The Substitute - Games

"Alright guys, um, it's time to start thinking about song selections," Mr. Schue slowly said as his shaky hand wrote on the whiteboard.

When Mr. Schue turned around, he blankly stared at the kids as Julia furrowed her eyebrows.  Usually, he would already be halfway through his speech about outcasts and acceptance.

"Looking good Puckerman, someone's been eating their Wheaties," Santana said as Puck raised his eyebrows and flexed his biceps causing Julia to scoff.

"These guns are fully loaded," Puck said, kissing each of his biceps which probably had their own names.

"Mr. Schue, I for one think we should use our setlist for sectionals to start exploring the oeuvre of one Bernadette Peters," Rachel said as Julia hadn't stopped glaring at Puck.

Santana lightly nudged Julia who looked over at her best friend.

"You're staring just a bit," Santana teased as Julia rolled her eyes at her best friend.

"Like I couldn't say the same thing about you," Julia responded.

"What?"

"Don't think I don't see you glaring at Layton," Julia leaned over to whisper in the other girl's ear.

This time it was Julia's turn to smirk and Santana's turn to blush at the floor but also gulp in fear.  She was afraid that Julia was finally going to learn her true feelings toward her and find that Julia didn't reciprocate them.

"Someday, I'm going to go to Paris and visit the oeuvre," Brittany said.

"I just want to dance," Mike randomly said as Julia smiled at the Asian dancer.

"Mr. Schue, you look a little green," Mercedes said as Mr. Schue still blankly stared at the kids.

"Uh, I think I'm going to go see the nurse.  But first I feel like I should get you guys a sitter," Mr. Schue said before walking out of the classroom shortly after.

As soon as it was gone, it wasn't long before Puck piped up.

"He's gone, he's gone!" Puck yelled as he got up from his seat to do who knows what.

But instead, Rachel ran ahead of him and grabbed the whiteboard marker and eraser.  She erased the words Mr. Schue had originally put on it before replacing them with the two big letters "M" and "E", not complete without a period.  

"Class, in Mr. Schuester's absence I'd like to go around and ask everyone what solos they'd like to hear me perform at sectionals," Rachel said with a huge, snarky grin.

"You know what," Santana screamed, jumping out of her seat as Julia leaped to grab her best friend by the waist as she began to scream in Spanish at the self-obsessed theater nerd at the front of the classroom.

Julia along with other members of the glee club grabbed the raging girl and held her back as Rachel screamed out of fear.

Eventually, when the Latina calmed down, Julia pushed her back into her seat before sighing.

Julia simply leaned into Layton's shoulder as he wrapped an arm around her small frame.  Santana glanced at the pair as Julia smirked back up at her, noticing Santana's jealous expression.

If Julia wanted to play this game, Santana was going to play.

xxx

Puck was on his knees, buttering the floor as the bell rang, the Cheerios conversing as Layton and Sam laughed about a dumb joke.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Finn asked Puck.