3x03 Asian F - Callback Pt. 2

Ms. Pillsbury walked onto the stage as everyone in the audience waited in anticipation for what would be a historical diva-off and callback.

Julia shook her hands out and took a deep breath, Santana practically feeling the nervousness radiating off of the girl.

"Hey, look," Santana started, grabbing both of Julia's hands and causing the freckled girl to focus on her brown orbs instead of her built up anxiety, immediately hypnotizing and calming Julia.  "We both know that you're better than both of them and you got this in the bag, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, okay," Julia said, sounding as if she was trying to convince herself.

"Just...pretend like no one's here, okay?  You always do best when it's just you and me, so forget about everyone and everything else and just do what you do; sing," Santana told her girl with a small, encouraging smile as Julia nodded her head.

"Rachel Berry, Julia Mendoza, Mercedes Jones," Artie called the three girls to the stage over the speakers.

"Okay, go kick their asses, baby," Santana smiled before leaning forward and placing a kiss on Julia's forehead.

Julia took one last deep breath before Santana released her hands, and Julia walked onto the stage from the same side as Mercedes, Rachel opposite of them.

The three girls met in the middle, beside Ms. Pillsbury.

"Ladies, you're all wonderful,"  the counselor told the girls before anything else, Julia already blocking everything out and repeating Santana's words in her mind as everyone in the audience began to converse.

"Screw West Side Story, this is Clash of the Titans," Puck excitedly whispered into Quinn's ear.

"I have a feeling that people are going to be talking about this face-off for the rest of our lives," Kurt told Blaine.

"Okay, I'm gonna ask each of you to pick a number from one to ten, whoever's closest wins," Emma said.

"Six," Rachel immediately blurted out.

"Nine," Julia went next.

"Three," Mercedes said.

"It was seven-"

"Yes!" Finn cheered at the top of his lungs, jumping up and down offstage from Rachel's side.

"Rachel, do you want to go first, second, or third?"

"I'll go third," Rachel overconfidently smiled.

"Okay, Julia, you were the second closest, do you want to go first or second?" Ms. Pillsbury asked the girl.

"I'll go first," Julia nodded, mainly wanting to get it out of the way.

"Okay, Mercedes, you'll go second," Emma smiled before her, Rachel, and Mercedes walked off of the stage, leaving just Julia.

The Latina took a deep breath, facing the audience, but looking out of the corner of her eye at Santana who gave her a small smile and mouthed a few words.

'You and me' she reminded Julia.

Julia nodded before looking back out into the audience, both Quinn and Brittany giving her thumbs up which gave her just a little bit more confidence before the piano sounded out in the auditorium.

Obviously, pretend Julia is singing too