2x04 Duets - Photographs

"Alright guys, let's uh, gather around," Mr. Schue said, entering the classroom just as the bell rang.  "Sorry I'm late guys, I was with Principal Figgins," Mr. Schue told the kids as he sat down on the piano stool.

Julia sat up from where she was, her head laying Layton's lap as he played with her hair. She picked her feet from the empty chair next to her so Santana could sit down.  The two best friends smiled at each other before Mr. Schue continued.

 "Bad news guys, Puckerman's in juvie," Mr. Schue told the class, no one too surprised.

"It really was just a matter of time," Tina said causing Julia to nod with her.

"What did he do?" Quinn asked, genuinely sounding surprised which surprised Julia.

"He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM."

Most of the class laughed, including the foursome, minus Quinn, but excluding Finn and Rachel too.

"And-And when is he getting out?" Rachel asked, sounding genuinely worried for Puck.

Well, more worried about the fact that the glee club needed a male backup vocalist.

"Unknown," Mr. Schue said.

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet and that's coming from me," Brittany said causing Santana and Julia to giggle from beside her.

"Guys, let's have some sympathy," Mr. Schue sounded and looked annoyed at the teenagers.

"For a guy who put his needs before the team?  We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence!" Finn exclaimed angrily.

"We can't look at his as-as a crisis!  It's an opportunity-" Mr. Schue started.

"For what?  Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn asked.

"For welcoming our new member, Sam Evans!" Mr. Schue pointed to the door as a boy with a bleach-blond Justin Bieber cut ran through the door wearing a white t-shirt and blue jacket.

"Hey everyone, I'm Sam, Sam I am, and don't like green eggs and ham," the boy awkwardly said.

Layton smiled at the blond, Julia knowing the two of them were friends since they were both sophomores that were new to the Varsity football team and had similar personalities.

"Oh, wow, he has no game," Santana shook her head as Julia couldn't help but smile.

She would've joined in and thrown another insult at him, but she knew Layton liked him so Julia had to refrain from doing so.

"Okay, this is going to be great!  You're not going to regret joining us," Finn told the boy as he walked to the front of the room to shake Sam's hand in the way that all boys do.  "This is Sam," Finn pointed at the boy again for no reason as he ushered him into the seat next to him.

Sam looked up at Layton and the two exchanged a smile and a wave before looking back over to Mr. Schue.

"Alright, question for the group.  What's a duet?" Mr. Schue asked, Rachel's hand immediately skyrocketing into the air.

As Julia went to go make a joke about Rachel, Brittany interrupted her.

"A blanket."

"A duet is when two voices join to become one.  Great duets are like a great marriage, the singers compliment each other, push each other to be better," Mr. Schue ignored Brittany's comment.

Santana immediately looked over at Julia, knowing what Mr. Schue had planned, but her and Layton were already giggling with each other.  Santana frowned, already knowing that she would have to find a different duet partner.