3x04 Pot O' Gold - Irish Crush

"Top o' the mornin', Brittany, Julia," Rory suddenly appeared at Brittany's side, the blonde deep in a conversation with the freckled Latina.

"Okay, first of all, you look magical and amazing," Brittany turned toward the boy and muttered under her breath.

Rory, the new Irish foreign-exchange student, was staying at Brittany's house, meaning he was automatically friends with Julia.

The boy, dressed in all green, picked his head up and made eye contact with the girl slightly behind Brittany.  Julia gave the boy a big smile as Rory's grin grew, his cheeks turning a little pinker.

"But I don't understand what you're saying.  So if you want to make it in this land, you really need to speak English," Brittany told the Irish boy who furrowed his eyebrows as Julia giggled from behind her blonde friend.

At the sound of Julia's laugh, Rory picked his head up again, his eyes meeting Julia's for the second time as he smiled even larger than before.

This was the moment that caught Santana's attention from across the hall.

She carefully watched the way Rory looked at her best friend and noticed how oblivious Julia was.  But at the same time, Santana couldn't help but smile as she leaned her back against the lockers, her heart fluttering at how adorably unaware Julia was and that sweet and pure smile she wore on her freckled cheeks.

"So, how was your first day of school, Rory?" Julia asked, taking a step forward so she was at Brittany's side, the blonde and brunette linking pinkies.

"Aah, it's grand," Rory grinned at the Latina.

And suddenly Santana was seething again, absolutely hating the way he stared at Julia.  She crossed her arms over her chest, glaring daggers into the side of Rory's head.

"Hey, Irish," a football player walked by, knocking off Rory's green hat and walking away laughing.

And suddenly a smirk was plastered back onto Santana's face, the angry girl thinking Rory had gotten what he deserved.

Brittany bent down to pick up his hat before she leaned in to whisper something to him.

"Wait, other people can see you?" Brittany asked in shock as Julia held in her laughter but widely smiled at the blonde instead, Rory at a loss for words.  "But only because you let them see you."

"That's right," Rory's smile returned as he adjusted his backpack strap.

His eyes found Julia's again, the freckled girl giving him a playful wink which, once again, enlarged his smile, but also, once again, enraged Santana who was practically digging her nails into her skin to prevent herself from attacking the Irish boy.

"I thought about it a lot, and I know what I want as my first wish," Brittany beamed but Rory's eyes lingered on Julia a moment longer.  "Your magical race, they make my favorite cereal: Lucky Charms.  I really wish that you would make me a box of Lucky Charms with all marshmallows."

"You're in luck.  Lucky the Leprechaun happens to be my cousin," Rory started, looking off to the side to see if anyone was listening in on their conversation.

But when he met a pair of angry brown orbs that belonged to one Latina cheerleader, he immediately looked away and quieted his voice a bit.

"And he lives two toadstools down," Rory finished.

"Thank you," Brittany smiled before placing a kiss on Rory's cheek.  "Though I don't understand most of what you just said.  Work on it."

Brittany closed her locker and was about to drag Julia behind her, but the green-eyed girl released the blonde's pinky.