2x19 Rumours - Nothing

Sam opened the front door after hearing a muffled knock.

"Um, I'm trying to get my sister to sleep," Sam mumbled, trying to close the door on Finn and Rachel who stood outside, having gone straight to the motel that was currently Sam's home, after school.

"Dude, please," Finn stopped him.

"Hi, I'm Stacey!" a little blonde girl said, suddenly appearing next to Sam.

"Hi, Stacey," Rachel started, glancing up at Sam before looking back down at the girl.  "I'm Rachel, this is Finn."

"Hi."

"Stace!  Get back here!" a voice echoed, picking up Stacey from behind and twirling her around in the air, the younger girl giggling.

Both Finn and Rachel went slightly wide-eyedd when they realized that voice belonged to Julia.

"Oh," Julia suddenly noticed Rachel and Finn at the door, freezing in place.  "Hi."

Julia then ran further into the room, Stacey's laughter filling the room as Julia threw the girl up in the air before catching her.

"Well, I guess since she's up now..." Sam trailed off, smiling brightly at Julia as he welcomed Finn and Rachel into the motel room.  "It beats a cardboard box underneath and underpass, right?  We keep the rest of our stuff in my dad's car."

"This is everything you own?" Rachel asked, slightly stunned as Julia continued to play around with Stacey, Finn half-smiling at the Latina's softer side.

"We sold everything else," Sam told Rachel.

"And...Julia has a heart?" Rachel questioned as Julia sent the girl a threatenting glare.

"Watch it, Berry," Julia said before turning soft again and throwing Stacey onto the bed, the blonde letting out a shriek.

"Can we watch TV?" Sam's younger brother, Stevie asked.

"Sure, keep it low though," Sam told his brother, throwing him on the bed next to Stacey.  "Mr. Tin's next door on the night shift again."

"You two want a snack?" Julia asked the two kids on the bed.

"Always," Stevie grinned before Julia grabbed a can of Pringles she brought over.

"Make room for me!" Julia exclaimed before jumping onto the bed in between the two siblings who squealed.

Julia pulled Stacey onto her lap and handed Stevie the Pringles before grabbing the TV remote, both Finn and Rachel smiling at the freckled girl.

"I...I don't understand, what happened?" Finn asked, the mood turning somber once again.

"When we moved up here from Tennessee, you know, because my dad got a great job offer and...we got up here late and it was last ones in, first ones out.  You know, we spent all our money on savings on the move and a down payment on the house," Sam sighed, looking over his shoulder at Julia, the only person keeping him actually sane.  "You know, when the bank takes your house, they literally...take it.  They come by one morning and kick you out of your own house.  Just...lock you out."