3x10 Yes/No - Proposals

Quick reminder: since this is set in 2012 (when season 3 aired), gay marriage is illegal in a majority of states

"Finn, give me a drum roll!" Mr. Schue shouted, abruptly running into the choir room and scaring Julia in the process, the freckled girl gripping Santana's hand even tighter as Santana giggled at the way Julia flinched.

Finn started beating his drumsticks against the drumset he was sitting behind as Mr. Schue ran over to the whiteboard and began to write something in big black letters.  Everyone tried their best to make out what he was writing, screaming out their guesses before Mr. Schue finally revealed the words.

Marry Me?

Mr. Schue turned to face his students, holding his arms out.

"Yes, I am proposing to Ms. Pillsbury," Mr. Schue said, the glee club quickly breaking out into loud cheers.

A smile painted onto Julia and Santana's face as they shared a sort of proud look and clapped for their teacher.  Julia couldn't help but laugh when she heard Sugar screaming at the top of her lungs from a few seats away.

"This is the kind of news you share with your family, and you guys are my family," Mr. Schue said, walking toward his students, most of whom let out series of 'aww's.

"Kinda depressing, but okay," Julia piped in, Mr. Schue looking over at the girl before brushing her comment off.

Julia just hoped that when she was as old as Mr. Schue she wouldn't become so lonely and desperate that her only friends were minors who were half her age.

"Mr. Schue, we're so happy for you," Finn grinned.

"We totally don't think you'll screw it up this time," Quinn added with a smile of her own, even if Julia had a few contradicting thoughts.

Mr. Schue nervously laughed before clapping his hands together and continuing.

"Here's the thing: it's gotta be perfect.  Now I'm sitting down with Emma's parents to ask for permission, and then, this proposal needs to knock her well washed socks off," Mr. Schue grabbed a chair and sat in it backwards, continuing to face each and every one of his students.  "That's where you guys come in, okay?  So the assignment for the week is to come up with a proposal number and you know Ms. Pillsbury, it's gotta be perfect."

"Well, you can count on us, Mr. Schue."

xxx

Julia finished re-tying her ponytail even higher and tighter than before as Santana stared at the green-eyed girl through the bathroom mirror.  She let her hand and mascara wand drop from her face and down to her side as the soft sound of Julia's humming filled her ears, the freckled girl oblivious to Santana's obvious staring.

"Hey," Santana suddenly interupted the silence, pivoting her feet to turn her body toward Julia who did the same.  "With all the stuff about Mr. Schue proposing to Ms. Pillsbury, I wanted to ask you something."

"Oh my god, are you asking-"

"No, I'm not asking you to marry me, relax.  I wouldn't ask you in a public bathroom," Santana told her girlfriend, Julia letting out a short sigh of relief, her hands still tangled in her hair.  "But...you still want that one day, right?"

"Of course I do," Julia reassuringly told her girlfriend.

Julia took a step toward Santana, her hands dropping from her hair and grasping onto Santana's upper arms.

"I mean, I don't want to get married right now.  I know I'm not ready for that type of thing and I don't think we're ready for that yet, we're so young.  But one day, I wanna walk down the aisle and I'm so confident that I'm gonna see you standing at the end," Julia tenderly smiled, the soft sight causing Santana to return an even more infatuated smile.  "I know we're only eighteen and we're supposed to be dumb and naive at this age, but I know you're my soulmate, San."