3x06 Mash Off - You and I

IT'S FINALLY HERE!  Deep breaths everyone...

Julia woke up to an empty and cold bed, groaning when the harsh sunlight hit her eyes, but slightly smiling when she smelled that familiar scent of peaches on her pillow, reminding her of Santana.  She slowly sat up, almost falling back down to the pillow and falling back into a deep sleep, but the thought of seeing Santana pulled her out of bed.

She had spent the night at Santana's as she would be for the weekend with Santana's parents away on some sort of couples trip.  The two girls had the entire house to themselves for the entire weekend.

Julia slowly trekked down the hallway and down the stairs before she reached the kitchen, groggily rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning, sunshine," Santana perkily grinned, looking over her shoulder at her girlfriend from her place in front of the stove.

"Hi," Julia slightly smiled back at her favorite voice before walking toward her girlfriend.

Santana turned her body toward Julia who walked right into her arms, Santana's arms fitting perfectly around Julia's waist as Julia wrapped her arms around Santana's torso.  Santana leaned forward to peck Julia's forehead before the freckled girl buried her face in Santana's shoulder.

"You sleep good?" Santana mumbled.

"Mhmm," Julia hummed, holding Santana just a little bit tighter.  "What're you making?"

"Pancakes.  Chocolate chip to be exact," Santana smiled as she felt Julia grin into her shirt, knowing chocolate chip pancakes were her favorite just as they were to a lot of people.

"I'm proud of you.  You haven't burned the house down yet," Julia murmured, as the two pulled away from their much needed hug.

"Okay, I'm offended," Santana said with fake annoyance as Julia laughed and shook her head at her girlfriend.  "And yes, I get it, you're, like, a professional chef or whatever, but my food's really not that bad!"

"Mhmm, keep telling yourself that," Julia nodded before jumping up onto the counter, swinging her legs back and forth as Santana tended to the pancakes.  "Last time you tried to cook lasagna, you almost burnt my house down.  You said 'oh, Julia, I'm fine, I got it, don't worry about it', then you proceeded to almost light a fire in my oven."

"Okay, but that was just one time," Santana defended herself as she struggled to flip the pancakes properly.

"Oh, I can go on and on, I have an entire list of-"

"No, I think we're good," Santana quickly interrupted her girlfriend who simply giggled and noticed how Santana struggled with the pancakes.

"Let me help," Julia said, reaching over to grab the spatula and perfectly flip the decent-looking chocolate chip pancakes.

"Why are you so good at everything?" Santana whined as Julia smiled.

"Well you see, I have this thing called talent," Julia started as Santana playfully rolled her eyes.

"Oh, stop it," Santana pouted as Julia giggled.

There was a couple moments of silence as Santana simply stared at Julia in all her beauty, even in the wee hours of the morning.

"I like your shirt," Santana commented with a love-struck smile.

Julia looked down to see that she was wearing one of Santana's white Micheal Jackson t-shirts, Santana's favorite artist of all time.  Julia took a deep breath just to take in the scent of her girlfriend which the t-shirt carried.

"I like it too," Julia mumbled before leaning forward to peck Santana's lips, only widening the smile on Santana's face.  "But I like you more."

"I love you more," Santana cooed as Julia grinned back at her girlfriend.