2x08 Furt - Fights and Weddings

Quinn tossed an ice pack back to Julia who pressed it onto Layton's jaw as Quinn pressed hers onto Sam's eye.

"Dude was a wild animal," Mike said, referring to the way Karofsky had attacked Mike and Artie in the locker room earlier that day.

After Karofsky shoved Mike and Artie, Layton came up from behind him and pulled him back and threw him into the lockers.  Though Karofsky quickly recovered and threw a couple punches which Layton dodged.  Layton punched Karofsky in the gut before he hit a hard punch into Layton's jaw causing him to stumble backward into the parallel set of lockers.  Sam then ran in to help his best friend and got a couple punches in before being pinned to the ground by Karofsky.  Beiste interfered soon after that.

"Manimal," Artie added as Julia didn't really care about the conversation, more worried about Layton's black and blue jaw that was throbbing in pain.

"I'm so turned on by you right now," Brittany said to Artie who smirked.

"How bad does it look?" Sam asked Quinn.

"It's pretty hot, actually," Quinn smiled at him as Layton let out a groan from behind them.

"You okay?" Julia asked.

"For now, it hurts like hell though," Layton said, holding his hand on top of Julia's who continued to press the ice pack against his face.

Julia smiled at the subtle contact and Layton's pain subsided for that moment as he grinned back at the Latina.

"You have no idea how hard it was for me not to jump into the beat down," Puck said.

"Where were you, Finn?" Santana asked as Julia scowled at the boy with her best friend.

Maybe if he was there Layton wouldn't have gotten hurt so badly.

"I was still out on the field, okay, I totally would've given him a beat down if I had been there though," Finn said but Julia, with the rest of the glee club, was still unconvinced.

"The fact is, it shouldn't have gone down without you, Finn.  You should've been leading the charge," Mercedes said.

"Lay off Finn, everyone.  It isn't his problem.  It's none of your problems actually," Kurt said, distancing himself from the group.  "But thank you for what you did.  Especially Sam and Layton," Kurt said.

"Seriously, you two are like...the epitome of leaders," Mike said as Sam and Layton smiled at each other.

Finn just grimaced at the two of them, clearly jealous of the two sophomores.  Santana jealous of one in particular

"What's going on?" Mr. Schue entered the classroom.  "What happened to Layton's jaw?  And Sam's eye?"

"They stood up to Karofsky," Quinn said.

"All the guys did.  Well, not Finn," Tina said, glancing over at the jealous and slightly angry boy.

"Is everyone okay?  Do we all need to go talk to principal Sylvester?" Mr. Schue asked.

"Wow, never thought I would ever live to hear those words," Julia murmured, not ever thinking that Sue would be principal as Santana gave her a knowing glance with a slight smile.

"No, we got in a few good licks too," Layton said,

"So we can just call it even.  And maybe it'll send a warning to Karofsky, telling him to back off Kurt," Sam finished as Mr. Schue walked over to Kurt.

"You okay Kurt?" Mr. Schue placed a hand on Kurt's shoulder as the high schooler nodded.

"Alright guys, let's take our places.  We got a wedding to prepare for," Mr. Schue said as the kids got out of their seats, Julia dropping the ice pack on an empty seat as she grabbed Layton's hands.