2x17 Night of Neglect - Enough

"We're only going to do songs by neglected artists!" Mr. Schue exclaimed as he told the class about their new concert fundraiser that they would be using in order to pay for tickets to Regionals.

Everyone furrowed their eyebrows at the teacher, wondering why this idea was a good one. Oh, wait, it really wasn't.

"Because it's a night of neglect," Mr. Schue told them as Julia sighed in annoyance.

"Can you define what you mean by 'neglected artist'?" Rachel asked.

"Um, someone whose brilliance isn't always appreciated," Mr. Schue said.

"Oh, so you mean like me?" Rachel lit up as everyone glared at the girl, but mainly Mercedes and Julia who were both vying for solo spots over the Barbara Streisand wannabe.

"I mean like all of us. All right, everyone, next Saturday night, in our auditorium, Mckinley High's first annual 'Night of Neglect' fundraiser benefit is officially a go!" the over-excited teacher yelled as Julia leaned over to whisper to her best friend.

"Is Beyonce considered a neglected artist?"

xxx

Julia walked down the hall with almost half of the glee club. Normally she wouldn't be seen with them, usually walking with her fellow Cheerios, but the glee club was talking about what they were going to sing at the benefit, and Julia had to be a part of the conversation.

"I'm totally doing Lykki-Li, she's Bjork meets Florence and the Machine and a promising new talent. What about you Mike?" Tina asked her boyfriend.

"Mike Chang dance dance revolution," the boy simply responded, getting a light giggle from Julia. "I'm tired of my dancing be overshadowed by all of your guys' singing, it's gonna me just me and my sweet moves on that stage."

"Your forgetting about the most neglected artist this glee club has ever seen; Aretha Franklin," Mercedes said.

"Neglected? She's like the queen of soul," Lauren said.

"See, I auditioned for this club signing 'Respect' and she's got none since. So I'm doing Aretha," Mercedes said as Julia nodded with the girl. "What song are you singing Julia?"

"Well," Julia smiled to herself. "I'm only doing a song by the best artist of all time..." she paused for dramatic effect. "Queen B."

"She's not really neglected either," Rachels said, causing Julia to give the girl a look.

"Well, actually, she's been denoted as 'not a real artist'," Julia put up quotation marks. "Because she has too many songwriters or something. Most of them are just from samples so those bitches need to calm the hell down. Plus everyone's aleays calling her a slut and a whore just because she wears leotards. She can wear whatever the hell she wants! How dare you attack the queen!"

"Preach," Mercedes nodded. "But which song are you gonna do?"

"That's the problem, there's too many amazing, incredible, life-changing Beyonce songs to choose from! I'll have to figure it out later," Julia said.

"Awesome Julia, awesome all of you guys!" Rachel exclaimed, suddenly standing in front of the croup and stopping them in place as Julia crossed her arms. "Those songs are great appetizers to my main course, Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On', it's going to be our finale."

Mike put his hand out to stop the girl, making a creaking noise in the process.

"That's like, the biggest song of all time," Tina told Rachel.

"No, you don't understand, Celine isn't the neglected artist, I am," Rachel said, placing her hand over her heart.

"I was kinda hoping to do the closing number," Mercedes shrugged as Julia scoffed.