2x18 Born This Way - Whipped

A/N: I'm sorry in advance because these chapters are kinda all over the place.  The next few chapters are going to follow Julia in two main, separate storylines, so it might be a bit confusing, but I hope you still enjoy the chapters!

P.S. These chapters are very loosely edited (if that makes sense) since I was way too tired to properly edit them

Julia laid back onto the frame of her bed, her fingers moving at the speed of light as she texted Quinn.  She suddenly heard a light knock and her door creaked open.

"Can I come in?" Julia's mom asked as her daughter picked up her head for a millisecond, before putting it back down and burying it into your phone.

"Well, you've already invited yourself in," Julia murmured under her breath, barely loud enough for her mom to hear it.

Julia's mother walked in and sat on the edge of her daughter's bed.

"So...I heard the Junior prom queen campaign is heating up," Julia simply rolled her eyes at her mother.

Of course this is what she would want to talk about.

"Yeah," Julia simply replied, too preoccupied with her phone to really care.

"You're running, right?" Julianna excitedly asked.

"Of course, mom.  I'm like...a shoo-in to win.  Well, right next to Quinn," Julia mumbled.

The two friends were going to be neck and neck in the race, which would normally start in a feud between them, but ever since the cheating debacle with Finn and Sam, they decided that something as stupid as a crown wasn't going to break up their friendship.

"And I'm guessing your campaigning with your...boyfriend?" Julia's mom smiled as Julia's head shot up.

"What?" she was completely dumbfounded, not having told either of her parents about her relationship with Layton, knowing that they (but mostly her dad) would freak out.  "I-I-I don't have a boyfriend."

"Oh please, Isla told me everything.  I bribed her with chocolate," Julianna chuckled as Julia's mouth opened, but nothing came out.  "Don't worry, I won't tell your father."

Julia sighed before jumping off her bed and walking out of her room, still engrossed in her phone as her mother stayed followed.

"Damn you, Issa!" Julia called out toward her little sister's room as the little girl's chuckles were heard through the paper-thin walls.

Julia stepped into the kitchen and opened the fridge, her mother right by her side.

"I don't think I'm campaigning with Layton," Julia choked out the boy's name, feeling sick after she said it.

"Why not?" Julianna's face dropped.

"Because...we haven't been talking all that much lately and...yeah, we kinda just grew apart," Julia shrugged, reaching for a can of cherry coke.

"You know you can always come talk to me if you have relationship tr-"

"Mom, I'm fine," Julia glanced over at her mother before rolling her eyes.

"But...who are you gonna go with?  You need to have a date if you wanna win prom queen!" Julia's mom exclaimed as Julia rolled her eyes once more.

"TBD," she sighed.

"Yeah, and she'd also need some freckle remover if she wants to win," Julia's father yelled out from his place in front of the TV.  "Plus a whole ton of makeup.  No one wants a bruised girl as their prom queen," Arturo laughed.