3x07 I Kissed A Girl - Medicine

I'm just gonna refer to Santana's grandmother as abuela because that's what literally everyone in the show calls her lmao

"Santana, you're all bones like Jesus on the cross," Santana's abuela said, placing a plate of food on the table in front of her granddaughter.

That was certainly what she wanted to hear.

"Eat!" abuela exclaimed.

"Abuelita, I have something I want to talk to you about," Santana said with a half-smile, looking up at her abuela.

"Okay, who cares, talk with your mouth full," abeula remarked as she turned back toward the counter to continue cooking.

"No, no, no, come on," Santana jumped up from her seat to her grandmother's side.  "Come on, sientate conmigo (sit with me)."

Abuela hesitated for just a second before obliging.

"Okay," she sighed as Santana guided her back over to the table, taking a seat across her grandmother.

Santana took a deep breath looking down at her skirt, wondering if she wanted to or was ready to do this.  But then images of Julia and her gorgeous smile flooded her head, giving her confidence for some reason.

"Look.  I have to tell you a secret," Santana picked her head up to meet her abuela's eyes.  "A secret that I've...kept hidden for a long time."

"You need salsa?" abuela suddenly intervened, pushing the bowl of salsa closer to her granddaughter.

"No, no, no, escúchame (listen to me), please" Santana held her hand up, signaling for abuela to release the salsa and furrow her eyebrows in confusion.  "You're so special to me," Santana started, nodding her head, only to be interrupted yet again.

"Santana, are you pregnant?  Because I will beat you up with this chair," abuela threatened, earning a light chuckle from the teenager in front of her.

"No, it's not-it's not that," Santana assured as her smile slowly dropped, the room becoming more serious as a short silence fell among the two.  

It's quite the opposite of that actually.

"It's just that I've watched you my whole life," Santana picked her head up again to meet her grandmother's eyes.  "And you've always been so strong.  Done exactly what you believe, and never cared what anyone else thought of you."

"Tell me about your life.  I know mine," abuela told Santana.

"Abuelita," Santana started, looking down at her hands with a sigh.

She opened her mouth as if she was about to say something, but no words came out for a minute.

If not for yourself, do it for Julia.

Santana looked back up at her grandmother before she finally gathered herself and found the courage to let words slowly fall from her lips.

"I love girls...the way I'm supposed to feel about boys."

She stared at her grandmother but couldn't read her, abuela's expression was stonecold and blank as ever.

"It-It's just something that's always been inside of me," Santana continued, hoping to get some reaction and hoping that it was a good one.  "And I really want to share it with you because I love you so much...I want you to know me," Santana said, nodding her head and placing her hand over her chest.  "Who I really am."

Santana looked down for a mere moment as thoughts of her amazing girlfriend filled her head as if Julia was her sunshine in this dark moment.

"When I'm with Julia..." Santana trailed off, a million different wonderful phrases to choose from in order to finish her sentence.  "I finally understand what people are talking about when they talk about love.  And I've tried so hard to push this feeling away--feelings for her, and keep it locked inside, but everyday just feels like a war."