3x09 Extraordinary Merry Christmas - Winter Wonderland

Julia leaned back in her seat as she heard the sound of Brad on the piano echo throughout the auditorium.  She was already bored and Rachel hadn't even uttered a word yet.

But as soon as she did and emerged from the shadows, Julia was in outrage.

"Oh no she didn't," Julia shook her head as she mumbled under her breath, Santana turning to see what had pissed off her girlfriend.  "Nah, nah, nah, that's my color.  I copyrighted it and I have all rights to it.  No one else is even allowed to touch anything green."

Santana shook her head and chuckled at Julia in response, knowing Julia loved to wear green just to compliment her eyes.  And Christmas was the one holiday where she was fully able to flaunt one of her favorite features by decking herself out in red and green apparel without any weird looks.

Rachel was not about to take that away from her just like she took every other solo away.

But nevertheless, Julia slouched in her seat, silently suffering through the entire minute and a half performance with the rest of the students seated beside her.  She was so bored to sleep by Rachel's voice, that when the theater nerd walked to the front of the stage and bowed, Julia didn't have the energy to clap with the rest of her fellow glee clubbers.

Rachel pressed her hands together and rested them under her chin with a smile and a nod, clearly soaking up every ounce of the applause before Artie called out for her.

"Yeah, Rachel, could you come see me?" Artie asked after a painfully slow clap.

"Yes, Artie, of course," Rachel grinned, quickly shuffling off the stage and down the steps.  "And if this is about my ears, I know that they're a little naked right now, and that's just because I'm waiting for something special," Rachel looked toward Finn who seemed awkwardly nervous.  "Something that's really gonna sparkle and, you know, catch the light."

Julia rolled her eyes, grabbing Santana's hand just to play with her fingers for some entertainment.

"So, what's up?" Rachel crouched down in front of Artie.

"It's not about your ears, it's about your song, it makes me want to kill myself," Artie blatantly stated, Rachel's smile fading as a new smile appeared on Julia's face.

"This might actually be more fun than I thought," Julia whispered to Santana before picking her head up and looking over at Rachel and Artie.

"I'm sorry, Joni Mitchell is not depressing, she's emotional," Rachel stood up straight, clearly sounding and looking offended.

"It doesn't fit my vision for our Christmas spectacular," Artie shrugged.

"And what is that exactly?" Rachel shouted in outrage, placing a hand on her hip. 

"We begin in the Swiss Alps, in the village of Gstaad," Artie rolled over to the rest of the teens who were all comfortably seated in the mostly empty auditorium.  "In the perfectly-appointed living room of Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson's chic swank chalet."

"Oh, so this is a gay musical," Julia mumbled, uninterested once again as she focused all her attention on Santana who seemed just as bored.

"The tree towering and opulent, the fireplace draped in garlands, the stockings bejeweled.  Kurt and Blaine, the perfect hosts have invited their friends to drop in for an evening of Noel Coward-esque banter and fun, happy, cheer-filled songs," Artie finished.