2x04 Duets - The Video

Julia, Santana, Brittany, and Quinn walked into the choir room, gossiping about a variety of different things when Julia spotted almost the entire choir room gathered around Kurt and his phone.

"Hey, what are you guys watching?" Julia asked picking up her pace.

Mike turned around to face the four dangerous Cheerios, the only one to take their eyes off of the video.

"You," he simply responded before Julia bounded up the platforms of chairs and pushed Tina and Mike out of the way so she could see the video.

She spotted a slightly muffled and blurry video of her sitting at the piano that was just a couple feet away.  It was a video from yesterday of Julia singing "Chandelier" and when Julia realized it was Kurt's phone, she immediately tossed him a deadly glare.

"Why'd you videotape me?  This is like the equivalent to...child pornography!  I'm so exposed!" Julia shouted.

"Relax, you sound amazing, you could give Rachel a run for her money," Kurt told the girl who bit her bottom lip in order to hold back a sheepish grin.

"I don't know if I sound that good-"

"Julia, you're amazing!" Mike shouted.

He was one of the very few people Julia would actually talk to in the glee club.  That was only because he was on the football team of course.  Julia blushed at the boy's kind words, hiding her mouth with her hand.

The rest of the Cheerios eventually caught up with Julia and saw the video.

"Oh my god, Julia, you can really sing!" Quinn exclaimed as Julia continued to hide the redness on her cheeks with her hand.

The video even shocked Santana.  Santana had heard the girl sing a couple of times before, but none ever like this.

"Why didn't you tell me you could sing?  You could dethrone Berry as a glee club favorite," Santana told her best friend.

"Did someone say my name?" Rachel asked as she entered the room with Finn on her tail.

"Yeah, Julia's a way better singer than you," Artie said causing Rachel to dramatically gasp before storming over and grabbing Kurt's phone.

"I wouldn't say she's better than me," Rachel said after studying the video.  "But we could've used you last year!  Why didn't you say you could sing?" Rachel directed her attention over to Julia.

"Hey, lay off her, Manhands," Santana chimed in but Julia answered Rachel's question anyway.

"Well, I didn't think I was that good..." Julia trailed off as another voice came from the doorway.

"Hey, uh, Julia," both Julia and Santana turned their attention to the boy at the doorway.

Julia looked away and Santana gave him a hard glare, knowing what happened between the two the other day.

"Julia, look at me," Layton calmly said as he approached the girl as the picked her head up and looked him in the eyes.  "I know I really messed up yesterday.  I was too worried about Coach Beiste making me do a hundred push-ups or something like that," Layton said causing Julia to giggle a bit.

Santana rolled her eyes, thinking that his comment wasn't even that funny.

"So, I'm really sorry and I hope you'll accept my apology," Layton looked down at his feet while Julia smiled at the boy and pecked him on the lips.

"Of course I will.  Those puppy dog eyes are too cute to deny," Julia teased causing Layton to laugh with her as they took their regular seats.

Santana scoffed at the sickeningly cute pair before taking her seat next to Julia.  The action didn't go unnoticed by Quinn and Brittany who shared a look before the bell rang and they took their seats.

"Alright, let's get started, who wants to-"

"Mr. Schue!  You have to see this!" Kurt interrupted the man as he jumped up and ran to the front of the room to play the video for Mr. Schue.

As soon as Mr. Schue heard the angelic noise that escaped Julia's mouth, he looked up at where Julia was sitting with wide eyes as Julia blushed for the thousandth time that day.

"Is this real?" Mr. Schue asked her causing her to nod before he fixed his eyes back on the video.

"What's he talking about?" Layton asked Julia, not having seen the video

"I'll show you later," Julia shrugged it off, feeling as though it wasn't that important for Layton to see the video.

But Santana's comments did mean the world to her.

"Wow, why didn't you say you had such an amazing voice?" Mr. Schue asked Julia but Rachel responded for her.

"Oh, I asked her the same question and she modestly lied saying that she didn't know.  She was trying to sabotage us!" Rachel claimed.

"Hey, that's not true!" Julia shot back at the smaller girl.

Julia went to get up and face the girl but a hand pulled her back down.

"Berry isn't worth it," Santana told her as Julia leaned back into her seat.

"I'll make sure we talk after class, but anyway, who wants to get our duets started?" Mr. Schue asked.

"Well, Santana and I prepared something," Mercedes raised her hand.

"Well, the stage is all yours," Mr. Schue sat down in a front-row seat as Mercedes and Santana walked to the front.

"Good luck," Julia whispered to the Latina who smiled at her before joining Mercedes at the front.

Santana constantly looked over to see Julia's reaction during the performance.  Julia was usually either caught singing along, smiling, laughing or even looking a bit flustered at specific parts of the number which made Santana smile back at her.

As Santana went to sit down next to Julia, still breathing heavily after her performance, Julia couldn't help but lean over and whisper in her ear.

"You were really good," Julia said.

"Thanks, but I'm sure you'll do even better with your beautiful voice and looks and all," Santana told the other Latina who blushed a deep shade of pink.

And witnessing Julia like that quickly became the highlight of Santana's day.