92. TFP Ratchet x Wheeljack - I don't hate you

Wheeljack finds out that Ratchet doesn't hate him.
_______________________________________

It was a quiet day at the Autobot base since Bumblebee, Bulkhead and Arcee were out with the kids and everyone else was out looking for more energon. Ratchet and Wheeljack were the only ones in the base. Wheeljack was trying to stay out of Ratchet's way, but he couldn't help but wonder why the medic hated him. Eventually, he decided to go ask.

"Hey Doc, I got a question for ya." Wheeljack said as he walked into the med bay.

"What did you break now?" Ratchet asked angrily as he turned to face the wrecker.

"I haven't broken anything. I just wanted to know why you hate me." Wheeljack said, frowning a little.

Ratchet was taken aback. He didn't hate Wheeljack, he just didn't like having someone so reckless around. He actually liked the wrecker. Wheeljack was worried that Ratchet hated him.

"I don't hate you." Ratchet finally said after a few minutes of silence.

"Then why do you act like it?" Wheeljack asked Ratchet.

"Because... Because I'm afraid of getting attached... I don't want to fall in love again just to have the person I love get offlined again." Ratchet said sadly.

"I'm not goin' anywhere, Doc." Wheeljack said as he walked over to Ratchet.

"And how do you know that?" Ratchet asked skeptically.

"Because I said so." Wheeljack said as he pulled Ratchet in for a kiss.

Ratchet was a little shocked, but quickly melted into the kiss. No one had kissed him since before the war started. He kissed Wheeljack back, causing the wrecker to smirk.

"I love you, Sunshine." Wheeljack said softly as he broke the kiss.

"I love you too, Wheeljack." Ratchet said as he blushed.