Chapter 168

An Hour Later, once everything is in the truck.

Gabby's POV

As I walk around the basement me and Matt had been calling home for the past month, it seemed weird but...I felt a little emotional. I mean, this is where we spent Matteo's first couple weeks of his life. He's now a month old and it just seems a little nostalgic. I mean, sure it is my brother's home and we can visit anytime we want but...my hormones are crazy right now.

I went to do one last check in the washroom when I heard Matt walk in behind me. "There you are, I have been calling you for a few minutes." I turned to look at him and sighed. That's when he got concerned. "Hey, you okay Gabby?" I nodded before moving close to him. "Sorry, my hormones are just high because it's that time of the month." 

He nodded and rubbed my arms to calm me down. "It's okay." He held me close and then kissed my forehead softly. "Everything is in the truck so...we are ready to go to the new place. Or do you need another minute here before we go?" I sighed and then grabbed his hand. "I guess my anxiety is just getting started again. I mean, what if this place goes up in flames again?"

Matt looked at me and rubbed my hand. "Gabby, it's a new building with a whole lot better safety features. Plus, you live with a fireman. There's a hose right outside our place and I can easily work it because I have the key to open it. There's not going to be any problems. Gabby, this is a new beginning for us and Matteo. So please, relax and let's go home."

I nodded, taking a breath before nodding. We then walked out of the basement together so that we could make our way to our new home to start this new chapter.