Chapter 296

Matt's POV

As me and Antonio started talking about me wanting Gabby to not work at the fire department, he commented that when I said "one of us", I really meant Gabby. I nodded when he said that before trying to explain myself. "I have the more senior job, so I bring in more money. And, Matteo needs his mom more right now. Sure, maybe in the future...I can stay at home more. But, right now...for financial and stuff, we both need to work. I am just glad Gabby is going back to Ambo instead of Fire."

Antonio obviously didn't know that. "Oh, she's going back to Ambo. I thought she was going back to the truck with you?" I shook my head. "Gabby wants to be at the firehouse but still safer. And she is that on Ambulance. However, I am so scared that history is going to repeat itself. I mean, she is at all the fires. Sure, she's seen me run into our home to save it. But...how is she going to feel when she is working but, I am in the fire?"

Antonio took a minute to think before speaking up. "You guys will work this out, I know it. And maybe, she can work in arson instead? That way, she is still at CFD but...not at the action site." I thought about that but, I knew Gabby was not going to like that. "Antonio, I love that idea but...this is your sister we are talking about. I know you and Gabby talked a lot during our first marriage. I want to know what she told you were her worries when I ran into fires that maybe she didn't share with me. What can I do to make her feel more comfortable? Because, I know that she is not going to give up Ambulance when she is already giving up on her dream."

Antonio looked at me confused. "What do you mean she's giving up her dream?"