Chapter 252

Matt's POV

As I sat down in the bath, I couldn't help but watch as Gabby got in with me and sat down facing me. I wanted her in my arms but decided to just let her be. "You don't want to sit in my lap?" She smiled. "You didn't ask me to sit that way. Is that you asking me to sit against you?" I nodded and smirked. "Yes please." She then moved to crawl over to me before laying down in my arms.

Wrapping my arms around her, I smiled and kissed her forehead. "Listen, I just wanted to say about our conversation earlier. I hope I am not sending mixed signals when it comes to all the intimate time I like to spend with you..." I moved to grab her hand and rubbed it. "...if you think that I am saying I want another kid, I am not trying to send that message at all."

Gabby nodded. "Okay, I guess I was getting that message. Maybe that's why I asked." I sighed before kissing her forehead. "Gabby, I want to remind you that I am never going to ask you to get pregnant again. I don't want you to risk your life again just to expand our family. Surrogacy is the only way I want to have another biological child." 

Gabby nodded again as she grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. "I guess, I just don't want Matteo to be an only child. He is going to be lonely eventually and I don't want our kids to be that far apart age wise. So...I know we just had a kid but, I would like to start exploring this. Or, we need to make our intentions clear that we only want one baby."

I thought about it and then smiled at her. "I love that's why you are thinking that way. Trust me, there is nothing better than having a sibling. However....I am not going to put Matteo's happiness of possibly having a sibling above your health." Gabby nodded again before leaning up to kiss me. "Maybe when Matteo is 1, we start doing surrogacy." I nodded and then kissed her again. "Let's read up on it this year okay? Like when we are done in the bath." She nodded and smiled. "The faster we plan, the faster we can start the process." I nodded smiling as we just sat there together in silence, happy we got over that bump in the road.