You're National News

Matt's POV

As I answer my phone, I wondered what Kelly was calling me about. I mean, he knows we are on our honeymoon. As soon as I answered, he must've noticed I was in a bad mood. "What's up Severide?" He just talked. "Dude, is it true that you saved someone on the beach who was trapped under a car?" Gabby turned around when she heard that. "How did you know?"

Severide chuckled. "You back at your hotel?" Gabby then replied. "Ya, we are." I decided to go grab the remote since I knew that was next. "Tune to CNN." After changing the channel, we both looked at the headline. Chicago Firefighter saves girl from Burning Car at Miami Beach. "Hey, at least they spelt my name right."

Severide chuckled again. "They called here to make sure you were really a firefighter here. You should see me in 3...2...1..." That's when Matt listened to what Severide said on the TV. "Honestly, if what you are telling me is true....it doesn't come as a shock to me. That's what my friend does all the time. He goes out of his way to save people even when he's on his off time." 

The reporter then asked him a question. "Is it true that he is on his honeymoon right now?" Severide nodded and smiled. "Yes, even when you're on your honeymoon...the first responder instincts in you don't go away." I smiled as I went to sit on the bed, not caring if I was dirty before seeing Gabby sit next to me. "Hey Severide, can we call you right back? We need to take a shower because we know that we are about to get bombarded by calls."

Severide replied. "Sure thing, go get that grease off you! Talk soon." I then hang up and smiled at Gabby. "Join me? We might have to do some interviews." She nodded and smiled while grabbing my hand, ready to give me a bit of pleasure in the shower.