Chapter 213

Matt's POV

As I made my way back to the bedroom, I couldn't help but be in a good mood. I saw Gabby standing at her dresser before walking up behind her...wanting to tell her the news. She smiled when I was right behind her and moved her hands to mine. "Let me guess, Antonio gave us a minute to be alone before we leave and you wanted to take advantage of it?"

I wrapped my arms around her and smiled as I grabbed her hands. "And he gave me some great news that I know will start this vacation off perfectly." Gabby turned around to look at me. "What's the news...wait, if it has to deal with Ramon, please don..." I sighed and looked at her. "I promise, it's really good news. Heard me out."

She nodded and then moved her arms around my waist. I could see she was nervous so I rubbed them and kissed her forehead. "He pleaded guilty. There's not going to be a trial and he's going to jail." Gabby looked up at me and smiled. "What! That's great!" I smiled, knowing she would be happy. "See, told you it would start this off perfectly."

Gabby smiled as she rubbed my back and went to kiss me softly. "I like knowing that we don't have to testify at his trial when we get back. That was on my mind. Now, it's gone just like the stress of having to be in the cold for a few weeks. Thank you so much for setting this up." I nodded and smiled, kissing her softly. "Let's just get ready. Your bags ready?"

She nodded and pointed to the bed. "Matteo's bag is next to mine. Don't forget to grab the diaper bag out of the nursery. It's already packed. Also, make sure you put the stroller in the van again. We need it in Florida." I nodded and smiled. "Sure thing, Antonio is cooking so I can do that for you right now. He's also watching Matteo. So, I will go do that and see you in the kitchen."

Gabby nodded again and smiled as I walked away to go grab the baby bag and the stroller so I could bring it out to the van.