Minor Scratches and Bruises

Gabby's POV

As I sat in our room in the ER, I watched as Antonio took slow...deep breaths while also holding Matteo in my arms. He only had minor scratches and bruises and it didn't require anything. Meanwhile, my brother was currently on a breathing machine and being monitored for brain activity. God, this is just not my week. I don't care anymore. I am not going back to work anymore. I need to be with Matteo. I thought I could do it but...I can't. And I can't have Matt there too. We need to start over with new careers and he is going to have to like it.

That's when I heard Matt come in and sit next to me. He didn't like the sight of Antonio all plugged in anymore than I did. I felt him rub my arms before kissing my head. "I am on leave again just to let you know. I just told Chief that I am not coming back anytime soon and neither are you." I nodded while wrapping my arm around his waist. I felt his lips on my head before whispering to him. "I need to change careers and so do you, I'm done Matt."

Matt nodded and then kissed my head. "Maybe we can do work with that volunteer organization? See if they have any paid jobs we can do." I smiled. We can look into that once Antonio has recovered. Like in the new year." Matt nodded before rubbing my hand. He then went and grabbed Antonio's hand until I heard Laura come in. She stared at Antonio after hearing the news. I then turned to look at Matt before getting up. "Laura." I went to hug her and then sighed, knowing she was scared.