Chapter 292

Matt's POV

When Gabby started to talk about her humanitarian work she did after our divorce, I had to try and turn her down lightly. I knew she loved doing that work in Puerto Rico and knew that someday, she would want to go back and help more. This time, of course...I would go with her and we would bring Matteo with us. But, I am not comfortable going with her when Matteo is this young. He is only 2 months old right now.

"Gabby, I'm sorry but....with all we've been through over the past 2 months, I am not comfortable with going to Puerto Rico again so soon. And that's not just because of the fact that Matteo is so young. I also wouldn't be comfortable with going because of what you have been through over the past month." Gabby looked at me and sighed, understanding where I was going. I then sighed while putting my gym shirt on.

Antonio then chimed in. "Honestly Gabby, Matt makes great points. I get you did great work there and the health system is getting better. But...it is not adequate for the problems you have...." I didn't like the way he said that and then stopped him. "Antonio, there is nothing WRONG with Gabby. Please don't say it that way! The only reason we have to be cautious is because of the new stress we have."

Gabby smiled as she looked up at me and then put her hand out, wanting me to sit with her. I then moved to sit next to her on the bed and wrapped my arm around her. I smiled when she laid her head down on my shoulder. Moving to kiss it, I felt her relax some more. "Listen, this conversation is obviously stressing you out. Let's wait until later to talk. Anyways....we have to go to breakfast before you go to the spa and we head to the gym." 

We all smiled when I said that before going to get up. Gabby then went to grab Matteo. "Then get the stroller and let's put him in. You are taking it with you if you are going to the gym." I nodded and smiled before going to grab the stroller for her, ready to spend the morning with Matteo at the gym while Gabby went to the spa just to relax for a while.