Another Baby Next Year?

Matt's POV

To say I was shocked that Gabby already wanted to try for another kid next year is an understatement. I mean, is she really wanting to risk everything...again when she is about to restart her career in the new year? And Matteo will be what....5 months when we start trying again? I don't know if I am comfortable with 2 babies under two. I am still struggling right now. Sure, I may make it seem like I have this under control but...I don't. I am still worried about Gabby's health and her aneurysm.

"Gabby, you know I love you right?" Gabby looked at me and sighed. "I know you do Matt. And I get where this conversation is going. You aren't sure you want another baby." I nodded and sighed. "I think we both remember that conversation we had. I said that I would not let you get pregnant again. I said, the only way I would even consider it would be through surrogacy."

Gabby nodded and sighed. "I understand." I then moved to kiss her forehead. "Gabby, it was one thing to risk your life when it was just the two of us. Had I been with you, I probably could've gotten past the worst case scenarios. But....we have Matteo now and he needs his mom." Gabby nodded as she moved her hand to my face and rubbed my cheek. "Sorry for bringing it up."

I looked at her and then sighed. "Gabby....don't be sorry for bringing up what you are thinking. That's what's going to make our marriage work this time. We promised to be open with each other and we promised to talk. So, thank you for telling me what you are thinking. And I promise to do the same. We can have a lot of conversations like these for the rest of our life."

Gabby nodded and smiled before moving to hug me. "Do you mind if I take a nap? I know we said Matteo was the one that was tired but...turns out I am pretty tired too." I nodded and smiled. "I will be here when you wake up. Want me to feed Matteo if he wakes up or do you want me to wake you up?" Gabby nodded. "You do it." I smiled before kissing her. "Sweet dreams."

She smiled as she rolled over in bed, tugging the covers up before dozing off. Meanwhile, I just laid back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling, thinking to myself that I need to stop this from happening again. This cycle is like a flashback for me. This is what led to Gabby leaving and to us divorcing the first time. That isn't happening this time around.