Chapter 253

Gabby's POV

As me and Matt continued to lay down in the bath, we just sat there quietly. I had my head on his shoulder and my hand on his chest while he rubbed my back and held my hand. I started to feel him rub my arm before smiling as he played with my wedding ring. "I swear, I still love both the feeling and the sight of this gorgeous gem back on your hand where it belongs."

I smiled and nodded. "I agree, I like the sight of your wedding band on your hand too. It just feels so right and like everything is right in the world once again." Matt smiled when I said that before moving to kiss my forehead. "All we need now is world peace and a new president." I laughed when he said that before nodding. "Agreed. Hopefully, a female president."

Matt then looked down at me. "I think there's a Biden-Trump debate soon but, I don't want to watch it. We are on our honeymoon. We shouldn't even be talking about politics. But, there is something I just want to mention quick. I love the idea of an African American Female Vice-President of the United States." I smiled at the thought. "That'll be so nice. Finally, I will be able to say to the young girls of the world that you really can do anything you set your mind to."

Matt kissed my forehead again. "Does it bother you that there has never been a female President or female Vice-President?" I nodded before rubbing his chest again. "It does. Right now, it's hard being a leader in America when there has never been a woman in the most powerful job, or the second most powerful job in the country." I smiled when I thought about that when I heard Matt.

"Shit, that reminds me...I need to contact the Illinois Secretary of State's Office to get emergency ballots. I didn't vote before I left." I looked up at him and nodded. "Me neither. Maybe that's something else we should look at, what we can do when it comes to voting. Because if not, we need to get back to Chicago for a few days around the election so we can vote." Matt nodded and then smiled at me. "When we are done in the bath, let's look at that." I nodded and smiled before kissing his chest as we relaxed in each other's arms.